Do you carry a gun ?

Piiilot

Platinum Member
I found myself in an interesting discussion tonight. Do you carry a gun ? Have you increased the frequency you carry since the recent shootings that occurred in Portland and Connecticut ? If you carry, what are the parameters around when and where you carry ?

GladysKravitz

Double Platinum
I found myself in an interesting discussion tonight. Do you carry a gun ? Have you increased the frequency you carry since the recent shootings that occurred in Portland and Connecticut ? If you carry, what are the parameters around when and where you carry ?

I have carried a gun for the past 40 years when I have felt it appropriate. It has not always or often been legal. Actually, it has never been legal. I have just carried when I think I should.

Got my CHL a few months ago. I carry especially when by myself, and when we go to the movies, and dinner. It's in a holster on my body, not in my purse. I do not carry when any of my kids friends are with us.

I believe everyone should allow themselves to get educated and trained about firearms, there is nothing to fear. I respect all rules and look at it as a serious responsibility, hope I never have to use it.

mridgley

Triple Platinum
I work from home so I typically use my gun as a paperweight right next to my laptop. When I get up to move around the house, I throw it in my pocket. Comes with me in my car...hotels...trips... restaurants... Pretty much anywhere. That's right... ANYWHERE. I'm not going to let a sign tell me I'm going to die today. I'd rather have a criminal record than push daisies.

debw712

Diamond Member
HELL YES.

Gun (s) taser, knife...I have a bat in my car too.

I have been attacked once in my life it will NEVER happen again.

ever.

Piiilot

Platinum Member
I have carried a firearm for most of my adult life. I have continued to carry some under the Federal LEOSA statute since I retired.
I have a house full of kids, 2 in college and a herd still in high school. Everyone is home for the holidays, including a stray one of my kids picked up on the way home from college. My children have grown up around guns, they know how they work, they are fairly proficient with their operation, but they have never been a general topic of conversation. We were all going out to dinner and as we were leaving one of my children stopped me and asked where my gun was. I didn't have it on me. 2 of my kids then joined in with the first and all insisted I go get my gun to take with us to dinner, here in Frisco. Most of my children would call Washington, D.C. home. They lived the majority of their life there, with the exception of a few overseas assignments, we lived in the District. We all know the perception of the District. Never once did my kids ever question whether I was armed or not living there. As a matter of fact, that is the first conversation I ever remember having with any of them about the subject. When I asked why they asked yesterday, the general consensus was, there are just too many "Whacko's" around today.
Out of the mouths of babes.
We made it through dinner and I did not have to discharge my weapon in defense of my family or my milkshake.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i don't carry a gun. I'm not "anti-gun" but i didn't grow up around them and have never been terribly comfortable with them. i've been hunting a few times (the only thing i ever came close to shooting was a bull. Long story...).

I'll say this though. I've been thinking about it a lot this week, and i can't help but wish that the principal at that school had been packing heat. It seems like it sure would have saved lives. I know that there are probably a good number of teachers at my kids elem school that are licensed, and if some nut job shows up there with an assault rifle, i hope all he hears is the sound of dozens of weapons cocked and ready, pointing straight at his head (or nether regions?)

Comeby!

Bronze Member
actually the correct response to the question is... None-Ya

That what I told the Frisco PD when they asked that question on our alarm permit.
Whats the story on the alarm permit? I got a filled out application here that's been sitting on my desk for months. I pay for alarm service but rarely turn it on due to pets and pet sitters when we are out. Debating even sending it.