Dickey's BBQ 423/Stonebrook Closed

During the expansion of FM 423 at Eldorado, their business was almost nonexistent. It was just too hard to get in and out of that parking lot. I talked to the owner about that one day and he believed that once the construction was completed business would be better than ever. I don't think they ever recovered from that down time. Plus, I agree that the food was not 5 star and that had a lot to fo with their demise, but I found it adequate in a pinch or when I was in a hurry.

During the expansion of FM 423 at Eldorado, their business was almost nonexistent. It was just too hard to get in and out of that parking lot. I talked to the owner about that one day and he believed that once the construction was completed business would be better than ever. I don't think they ever recovered from that down time. Plus, I agree that the food was not 5 star and that had a lot to fo with their demise, but I found it adequate in a pinch or when I was in a hurry.
This link was about the recently open location near Stonebrook and 423 Not sure of the status of the one closer to Eldorado.

Green225

Platinum Member
I drove by the one nearest to Eldorado last night. It is still open.[/QUOTE

I live in Savannah now and usually drive the back roads and hit Tender Smokehouse in Celina or head over to Hutchins in Frisco. I only hit that Dickeys when I'm in a big hurry and need something fast. Haven't been in there in a couple of months, but every time I drive by that location it looks pretty dead.

Tender Smokehouse is opening a second location in 3 Stacks old space next to Hooter's on Preston. Should be open early next year.

I went to a brisket class with one of the owners, Dante I believe, nice fella.