Coyote Warning

J.R.

Gold Member
Oh, forgot about the one in the yard in the snow, got him with a shotgun. Also 3 oppossums recently, 1 killed 44 baby chicks.

My son and I saw a big bobcat on Wednesday around the old Frisco cemetary. He was eyeing a little dog in front of someones eyes on the dirt road so we scared off the bobcat. He was big!

Coyote pack

I live in Plantation Resort and I see coyotes every night next to Curtsinger Elementary. They come close to my yard, stare at my dogs and me and leave.
I am now making sure I am outside with the dogs when they go potty.

scottieb

Just got around to checking if anyone else posted about this, and found this old thread.

FYI - About 3 weeks ago I saw a coyote on Legacy Drive, north of Lebanon around the railroad tracks. It crossed Legacy in front of my car a little before 6 a.m. I don't know if came down from the tracks or from the large field to the north.

van

Diamond Member
Coyotes are everywhere. Had one in our front yard a few months ago. If you ever go out early (runners know), they're all over the place. We have a couple bobcats along our creek too. Love seeing them

boiler01

Silver Member
We hear them after a hunt all the time off of Lebanon between Legacy and Teal near the green belt/stream area. After the celebration they had the other night I figured someone's little fiddo made for a good dinner.

Follow their migrational/hunting patterns and this is one of the times of year they are around here more frequently than others. We moved into their territory so I don't have an issue with them being here. That being said, I've seen what they can do to livestock, come near my kids and you're toast, leave me alone and you can go about your merry way.

This coyote has been eating well. I have never seen one that healthy. They normally are a lot leaner like they are one meal away from starvation.

J.R.

Gold Member
i need more fresh eggs. i started eating 2 boiled eggs every day for breakfast, so i just boil the whole dozen at a time. would prefer some fresh eggs.
We moved our operations to Collinsville, Frisco getting too crowded for us !! Funny thing though, we have coyotes up there too but they aren't near as bold as the ones we had in Frisco, guess they are more leary when lots of people are shooting at them, they don't show themselves in daylight so time for some night vision equipment.

Mom+4

Silver Member
We moved our operations to Collinsville, Frisco getting too crowded for us !! Funny thing though, we have coyotes up there too but they aren't near as bold as the ones we had in Frisco, guess they are more leary when lots of people are shooting at them, they don't show themselves in daylight so time for some night vision equipment.
In the country they have a larger food supply. In the suburbs, the supply is thinner and they get bolder.

J.R.

Gold Member
In the country they have a larger food supply. In the suburbs, the supply is thinner and they get bolder.
Actually where I lived in Frisco wasn't in "town" but coyotes were conditioned to humans around. The food supply in town is much easier to get for them, the proverbial low hanging fruit......more rabbits, cats, small dogs in "town" than out here in the country where the prey is considerably more wary.

Sarge

Silver Member
Joel, do your chickens free range? How are the coyotes getting them? We are getting chickens in the Spring, so just wondering.

Hope all is well with you! Did you keep your painting business?

J.R.

Gold Member
Hey, Pam. We coop them up at night tight and have dogs so that's not the problem. They free range all day and that's where the problem arises. Once I start losing some I keep them cooped up for a few days then set traps with chickens in dog kennels as bait, bobcats are easy but coyotes a little tougher. Hot days like now the coyotes aren't hunting during the day, they are just like your dogs laying up in the shade. Last one I shot in Frisco was a misty cooler rainy morning in the middle of warm weather and he eased out into the pasture trying to size up which one to grab. Keep loaded rifle ready to go, I spanked him good.

Done painting, Nestor has the reins now.

J.R.

Gold Member
funny side note on that for anybody that has/or lives in the country, guys, I actually had gone outside to pee (walking past the bathroom) and spotted the coyote along the fence into the pasture eyeing the chickens