Cowtown Marathon

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
Anyone else doing the Cowtown Marathon, Half, or Ultra on Sunday? Packet pickup is going to be a pain. I may take a 1/2 day vacation on Friday to pick mine up. 100 mile round trip.

DavidL051

Bronze Member
I am. It's marathon number 15 for me. I'm going to spend the night in FTW on Saturday night as that 50 mile trip with a 7AM start is just too much for me. The weather forecast looks good. Might be a little warmer than I'd like it to be in the late stages of the race. My projected finish is 3:45. How about you Grizzlyman?

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
I am. It's marathon number 15 for me. I'm going to spend the night in FTW on Saturday night as that 50 mile trip with a 7AM start is just too much for me. The weather forecast looks good. Might be a little warmer than I'd like it to be in the late stages of the race. My projected finish is 3:45. How about you Grizzlyman?
My sister wants to come in and watch, so we are all going down on Sunday morning. I may take some time off tomorrow afternoon to pick up my packet instead of fighting it on Saturday.

I'm shooting for sub-4 but if it is warm and humid I might be a little over that. I'm carrying about three pounds more than I was when I was doing my long runs a few weeks ago (taper pounds) so that isn't going to help either. Elevation profile in the last eight miles is pretty good, except for miles 22 and the last mile or so. This will be my second Cowtown, with my first being 21 years ago.

DavidL051

Bronze Member
This will be my 4th Cowtown as I've done it the last 3 consecutive years. The part of the race that I hate is miles 8.5 - 10. It's where you come out of the Stockyards into downtown over the river and it feels like it's straight up hill. Oh well, better early in the race than later.

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
This will be my 4th Cowtown as I've done it the last 3 consecutive years. The part of the race that I hate is miles 8.5 - 10. It's where you come out of the Stockyards into downtown over the river and it feels like it's straight up hill. Oh well, better early in the race than later.
Yeah, I saw that in the elevation profile. That's why I'm probably going to slow down from my target MP for the first half of the marathon. Hopefully, that will help. My long runs include some drastic elevation changes (as much as you can get around here), but that part looks pretty steep.