CMA's

golfacct

Silver Member
Did you watch? I always love the begging. Carrie and Brad do a great job.

Reba with Brooks and Dunn was great!!!

Anyone else notice how out of it Miranda Lambert was? Even when she won her award she did not seem excited. But Blake was having a good time. Guess we know who was hurt in all that mess.

Opus

Silver Member
Could care less. I quit listening to country in the 90's except for a couple of the older artists. I can't stand the new bro country junk.

Rowland

Bronze Member
Could care less. I quit listening to country in the 90's except for a couple of the older artists. I can't stand the new bro country junk.
Agreed, but Chris Stapleton seems to be a throwback. Bought his Traveller alblum and it's as far away from bro country as you can get.

comfortable

Silver Member
Anyone else notice how out of it Miranda Lambert was? Even when she won her award she did not seem excited. But Blake was having a good time. Guess we know who was hurt in all that mess.
Yea....but Blake needs to go back and watch this video......:huh::drag:

EscapeRocks

Triple Platinum
Agreed, but Chris Stapleton seems to be a throwback. Bought his Traveller alblum and it's as far away from bro country as you can get.
I agree with both. It is unfortunate that most so called country music today is nothing more than retread pop top 40 songs with a twang.

"Bro-country" is the dumbest stuff ever to happen to the radio, besides Bieber.

I enjoyed Chris Stapleton, as he does seem like a throwback to real country, as Rowland mentioned above.

Can't stand the Bro either so I have pretty much stopped listening as well but that opening monologue by Brad and Carrie is fantastic. No holds barred, nobody spared......

bobomatic

Silver Member
Ditto, not a country fan but if it were more like this, I might give it another shot. Reminds me of the Muscle Shoals sound:

planomateo

Platinum Member
This was a great performance. It's good to see Stapleton getting some more kudo's, dude is crazy talented. Justin is as well.

I'm a fan of music, so I can listen to pretty much anything.

This was a good one too.

Ditto, not a country fan but if it were more like this, I might give it another shot. Reminds me of the Muscle Shoals sound:

Last edited: