Care flight @ Centennial.

mommyx2

Diamond Member
If you are on Facebook, DFW scanner posted.

Appears to be a football related injury to student. Serious injuries to juvenile patient..

Teach

Diamond Member
Edited: It appears there are two separate incidents being reported.

Roach Middle School science lab accident being conducted outside was the report on the television.

I have been teaching middle school science for 17 years and the only thing I have burned was a piece of bread in a microwave. I am not going to speculate on this one.....

Last edited:

mommyx2

Diamond Member
Roach Middle School science lab accident being conducted outside was the report on the television.

I have been teaching middle school science for 17 years and the only thing I have burned was a piece of bread in a microwave. I am not going to speculate on this one.....
There have been two incidents in the last hour at FISD schools needing Careflight. They said it is not known if patient was staff or student at Roach.

Jayhawk

Gold Member

Haven't seen that but have the tv on now. What channel?

Hubby said Careflight landed on 50 yard line, loaded patient and took off. Apparently news choppers are all over the area. Prayers to the kid, his family and teammates.

There is this one: http://www.frisco-online.com/index.php/news/city-news/4562.html
Two students and a teacher were injured during a controlled science experiment involving chemicals.

Frisco Firefighters were dispatched this afternoon to Roach Middle School, 12499 Independence Parkway, at 3:38 p.m. Firefighters arrived at 3:42 p.m. Upon arrival, crews found school personnel had evacuated the school.
And the other incident from DFW Scanner:
Sports Injury (Frisco) CareFlite air has now been requested to Centennial High School for an injury on the football field. Reported serious injuries to a juvenile patient. CHS is in the 6900 blk of Coit Rd. A1

perseco

Double Platinum
If they had care flight for a football injury, it was definitely serious... usually a head/neck/spine injury. Such injuries often result in death or paralysis, which means they must get to a Level I or Level II trauma center quickly. That injury will likely kill his chance of ever playing sports again. :(

mikel

Platinum Member
If they had care flight for a football injury, it was definitely serious... usually a head/neck/spine injury. Such injuries often result in death or paralysis, which means they must get to a Level I or Level II trauma center quickly. That injury will likely kill his chance of ever playing sports again. :(
On that happy note, is care flight still moving out of Frisco?

I worked at Children's for 5 years. Saw LOTS of these incidents. Most were schools being cautious. Glad to see it still happens with these young athletes. Prayers to the young man, teammates that saw it, and their family.

boiler01

Silver Member
I would rather see a school be overly cautious, or even border on paranoid, than ignore a potentially serious situation.

My prayers go out to all involved. I could not imagine having my child's school call to say my child had been injured let alone had to be airlifted out.

MSJ

Triple Platinum
Edited: It appears there are two separate incidents being reported.

I think I recall a video of you blowing something up outside a school:huh:

Teach

Diamond Member
I think I recall a video of you blowing something up outside a school:huh:
I said burn.........blowing a pumpkin up with pure sodium in water is just fun! I have a fresh jar of sodium chunks just waiting for next month News at 11