Can Trump get out of the 2020 GOP primary??

The only way I see him quitting is if it is irrefutably clear that he will lose. Given that Republicans are still standing by him despite his corruption and scandal, I wouldn't bet on it ever being that clear.

I and if Dems don't produce a message other than I'm not Trump and come up with a viable candidate, it won't matter what Trump's negatives are, his base will still show up to vote for him.
Not going down that rabbit hole filled with straw men again. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Not going down that rabbit hole filled with straw men again. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
Who asked you to? You didn't answer it the 1st go round. If the populous was so sick of Trump as you decry, Dems would be cleaning up in the current elections

I sure hope he gets challenged. Nothing conventional about him so I hope there is no deference to him by others in the party.

I fear we will get same a 2016. Trump versus Dem so far left they can't see the center.

The politicians are a reflection on the people. We live in deeply polarized times and both parties are reacting to increased polarization by continuously moving away from each other. Each time the left moves left, the right moves right to counter it. Once the right makes that move, well you better believe the left has to respond.

It's also a response to the situations people find themselves in. Shifts in economics fortunes have left a lot of people with long term declines in their mental well being. The enemy for many has become the status quo itself, which makes any opportunity to strike back at it looks like the right thing to do.

The funny thing is that Clinton was actually not as far to the left as the right portrayed her to be. One of the reasons Bernie did so well is that he was running well to the left of her and he excited a base of voters who were tired of compromising their leftist ideals by voting for neoliberal candidates. Bernie represents the very real leftward shift in the party along with people like Warren.

I don't really think Trump represents a rightward shift because I think the party was already there. They were just waiting for someone to give their grievances and positions a loud, obnoxious public airing and Trump was the one who did that best.

People have more common ground then media wants us to see. It is more fun to show the blowhards on both sides then those just left and right of center who swing elections and are getting screwed by both parties.

Len_A

Bronze Member
The politicians are a reflection on the people. We live in deeply polarized times and both parties are reacting to increased polarization by continuously moving away from each other. Each time the left moves left, the right moves right to counter it. Once the right makes that move, well you better believe the left has to respond.

It's also a response to the situations people find themselves in. Shifts in economics fortunes have left a lot of people with long term declines in their mental well being. The enemy for many has become the status quo itself, which makes any opportunity to strike back at it looks like the right thing to do.

The funny thing is that Clinton was actually not as far to the left as the right portrayed her to be. One of the reasons Bernie did so well is that he was running well to the left of her and he excited a base of voters who were tired of compromising their leftist ideals by voting for neoliberal candidates. Bernie represents the very real leftward shift in the party along with people like Warren.

I don't really think Trump represents a rightward shift because I think the party was already there. They were just waiting for someone to give their grievances and positions a loud, obnoxious public airing and Trump was the one who did that best.
This^^^