Black nail polish

I agree with you and I don't like the blues and greens either, especially on older women who are trying to look hip or something.

I've always preferred shades of pink or red. They just seem more feminine to me.

penguin

Diamond Member
Black always reminded me of somebody clumsy with a hammer who smashed their fingernail instead, which promptly turned black -- the color of dead rotting tissue. The puzzle then is why anybody would want nine more? Just for a match?

rawhide

Diamond Member
I think it actually looks even worse on men when they wear this.

Maybe your into goth, maybe you really admire Gene Simmons, but the black polish is soooo 2004.

angelaN

Platinum Member
I like it when it is well done. I have seen some very classy ladies pull it off.

I would agree that it isn't necessarily a proffessional look unless you are in the fashion business.

kaden16

Bronze Member
i wear black in the fall and winter...it was new to me last year and it probally doesnt look good bc i am very fair skinned but i like it!!
before last year i would have never worn black.
i love brown in the fall

Geck

Platinum Member
I told DW to not even come home wearing blue or green nail polish. i think this looks terrible on more mature women. If you are over 30 and are a mom, newsflash, your not a teenager any more. just my opinion but personally I like the more traditional colors dark reds, and pinks.

Green225

Platinum Member
Saw a lady in the Kroger Marketplace bakery Friday - black shirt, black pants, black purse, black shoes, black toenails, black hair, black eyeliner, black lipstick, and black fingernails. Bet her underwear and bra were black too. Like a fool I got caught staring with my mouth wide open and embarrassingly had to beat feet to the meat section.

BTW - the overall look was very appealing. She was neatly dressed, not a hair out of place, clothes fit well. As someone pointed out, there are a few women who can pull this off. This lady did. I don't think I was the only guy crashing his shopping cart into end displays. ;)

I don't paint my fingernails but I do my toes. I do not like pink or pastels really. I like the darker colors (blues, reds, purples) haven't tried the black polish though.

binbunch

Platinum Member
Black polish can look right or it can look goth. Depends on who is wearing it and what clothing goes along with it. What really bugs me are women (and men) with extremely long finger nails. How they manage daily life with them is beyond me...I would think zipping your pants and blowing your nose might prove difficult! And what grosses me out even further are long toe nails on anyone...especially if they are all gnarly looking. EWWWW

iggs

I really feel nail polish is a harmless way to express yourself. Now, maybe if you have 9 inch daggers and super- crazy polish- but nice manicured nails, in any color is a fun and harmless way to express yourself whether you are 12 or 70. Even though I don't own black, I happen to like dark navy or plum polish that looks almost black. My clothing, hair and shoes are all pretty conservative. It makes me feel Fall has arrived. It can be removed!

Last edited:
i wear black in the fall and winter...it was new to me last year and it probally doesnt look good bc i am very fair skinned but i like it!!
before last year i would have never worn black.
i love brown in the fall
I am also very faired skinned and the darker the red, the better - says my husband. On my toes it looks like blood! And it's very sexy.

I also adore black nails but only if they are kept short and squared off. Then it looks very cool.