Bird scooters everywhere

In principle it's a good idea, but I can't see it taking off in Frisco. You can only use them on roads with speed limits at or below 35mph, so basically just in subdivisions. I saw a couple yesterday in the new housing area near the fire station on Legacy. Wondered what they were.

In principle it's a good idea, but I can't see it taking off in Frisco. You can only use them on roads with speed limits at or below 35mph, so basically just in subdivisions. I saw a couple yesterday in the new housing area near the fire station on Legacy. Wondered what they were.
So in other words...you cannot take one of these onto Eldorado, Main, Legacy, Lebanon, etc (speed limits 40-50) yet you can take a bicycle on the same roads ???

There were 5 teenagers riding them around in the Ikea parking lot about 7pm last night.

It's so important that we protect the sidewalks that NOBODY uses. I would say getting the last mile transportation solved for a transportation locked city has a far better public good than having hundreds of miles of concrete that seldom if ever get a foot on them.

There are accidents every day by pedestrians, bikes and cars. So what. You cannot outlaw stupidity, BUT a protectionist philosophy does not move the ball forward in transportation.
Neither do scooters that cannot drive on 35+ roads or sidewalks. Does not make sense for a city as spread out as Frisco. Sure, maybe at the square or star, but scattered on sidewalks at Lebanon?

Neither do scooters that cannot drive on 35+ roads or sidewalks. Does not make sense for a city as spread out as Frisco. Sure, maybe at the square or star, but scattered on sidewalks at Lebanon?
The reality is that kids use them for transportation so Mommy dearest doesn't need idle in the parking lot for 45 muntes before picking them up. My kids were plenty mature to ride an escooter at 14. Heck my parents bought me a moped when I was 14 to get around in - go to work etc. If you travel outside the USA you will find some very creative transportation solutions and some very young operators. Fnnn Lawyers make it impossible here.