Best Frisco Tex Mex

perseco

Double Platinum
Anamia's and Chuy's are my favorites, with Abuelo's, Mi Cocina, and Gloria's also making it into the top 5. All of them are in Plano (though Gloria's also has a location by Stonebriar), but worth the short drive.

All the others are just par or sub-par in my opinion, but some par alternatives are Cristina's and Casa Rita's (both have locations in Frisco).

Last edited:
Beef or Chicken mixed with refrieds, lettuce, tomato, onion, tortillas, some kind of sauce blah, blah, blah.....

Take them to a place they will remember. Follow JJ's place and when you walk in, tell them La Hacienda has been around since Preston was 1 lane in each direction. One of Frisco's oldest restaurants, they will think you are a true Frisconian.

For touristy - La Hacienda

My favorite (non-touristy) Anamias in Plano - best service/food - the table side guacamole can not be beat (it would be memorable for your guests watching them make it at your table) very reasonable price for this

Mexican Sugar is really good - but more trendy, packed, "night clubish"

And actually I completely agree with Perseco's list - I'd just add Cantina Laredo to it too.

perseco

Double Platinum
For touristy - La Hacienda

My favorite (non-touristy) Anamias in Plano - best service/food - the table side guacamole can not be beat (it would be memorable for your guests watching them make it at your table) very reasonable price for this

Mexican Sugar is really good - but more trendy, packed, "night clubish"

And actually I completely agree with Perseco's list - I'd just add Cantina Laredo to it too.
Ah yes... I had forgotten about Cantina Laredo. It would probably knock Gloria's off my Top 5. Thanks.

andygump

Platinum Member
La Ha is fun...for tourist. Besides Preston being one lane each way,
Lebanon church was next door and April's was across the street!
That should raise the eyebrows.

I suggest Salsa Tex Mex...either location.

Casa Ritas in Frisco is great?also there is Ernesto's, La Hacienda (I know that was mentioned several times)?and Angelina's off 423 by the lake. Great view if nice weather out...

We went to La Hacienda when we came down last November to evaluate the area to see if we wanted to move here and loved it! Only been back one time since and realized there are better options. Still, when the friends come to visit, that's definitely where we'd take them.

Ok.... We have favorites..
Mi Cocina - Great Ambience
Taco Diner Spring patio favorites.Great tacos.
Blue Goose.. Simple, Good, not gourmet
Hacienda's.. Ambience Beef Fajita's
Cantina - Enchilada's and their Warm salsa rocks.
Uncle Julios - Best Chicken fajita's you can imagine. Very much like Papasito's.
Kids Fav - Gloria's

Margarita's....
Mi Concina/Taco Diner
Cantina
Gloria's

angelaN

Platinum Member
Some of you eat out way too much :)

I am beginning to think I don't care for Tex Mex. La Hacienda's swirl margarita/sangria frozen drink is worth the trip as is the ambiance. Mi Conina - over rated. Blue Goose - it works. Uncle Julios above average. Casa Ritas - no,no and no. Gloria's it works. Uncle Julios better than many and great destination location. Earnesto's - it's food.

van

Diamond Member
I'm a fan of Manny's, but in Texas, best Tex-Mex, just like best BBQ, is in the eye of the beholder...
So true. Heck, the hubs and I disagree at least 3 times a week which Tex Mex to eat at. I like LaHa for fajitas, casa Rita's for most food in general, and Gloria's......he's a Tupys for Ritas, or Blue Goose for happy hours and great service.

Neither of us are fans of Ernesto's, Salsa or Cantina Laredo