BBQ/Pulled pork

Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell

ETA: or Kenny's Smokehouse in the Shops of Legacy (not as good as Hard Eight in my opinion - but really close by - and very good.)

Last edited:

mikel

Platinum Member
Hutchins BBQ in McKinney just had a bunch of thumbs up in another thread.. and it's 'close'.

Hard8 is still better in my opinion.

Hard 8 is the correct answer here

had hutchins last night and its pretty good but also the exact same as randy whites which i didnt know. (same company, food, etc)

i know its new but if they like to watch sports and drink then their is nothing wrong with 3 stacks in Frisco

Thanks latex.

+1 for 3 Stacks only if I stay in town - it's the only BBQ joint worth eating in Frisco. Great beer selection too.

I can tolerate Rudy's and Spring Creek (just a notch over going to fast food)

But I avoid Randy White's, Dickey's and even Frisco City Grill (sometimes they have good pull pork though - also a great patio - but inconsistent food and service.)

Kenny's Smokehouse or Hard Eight are worth venturing to outside Frisco. (A notch above 3 Stacks.)

bizguy

Diamond Member
Thanks latex.

+1 for 3 Stacks only if I stay in town - it's the only BBQ joint worth eating in Frisco. Great beer selection too.

I can tolerate Rudy's and Spring Creek (just a notch over going to fast food)

But I avoid Randy White's, Dickey's and even Frisco City Grill (sometimes they have good pull pork though - also a great patio - but inconsistent food and service.)

Kenny's Smokehouse or Hard Eight are worth venturing to outside Frisco. (A notch above 3 Stacks.)

TDC, have you tried the green chili stew at Rudy's?? nom, nom, nom......

Hard 8 is the correct answer here

had hutchins last night and its pretty good but also the exact same as randy whites which i didnt know. (same company, food, etc)

i know its new but if they like to watch sports and drink then their is nothing wrong with 3 stacks in Frisco
I was told while they are brothers who individually run Randy's and Hutchins, they don't go in together. Randy's is quite a few steps below Hutchins in mho. But everyone is different.

If you are looking for pulled pork, I think Red Hot and Blue does a pretty good job. Here is a plate I made up myself but its all gone. (The pork is under the slaw. Where it should be.)

I keep forgetting about Red Hot and Blue - we used to go there frequently when Frisco had nothing but the original Hutchins location. Very good Memphis style pulled pork and ribs. The head chef from Corky's designed their menu and recipes for a hefty consulting fee - and an agreement not to compete against each other in the same states. (TCM - you've got mad skills - you should become a BBQ consultant!)

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
I keep forgetting about Red Hot and Blue - we used to go there frequently when Frisco had nothing but the original Hutchins location. Very good Memphis style pulled pork and ribs. The head chef from Corky's designed their menu and recipes for a hefty consulting fee - and an agreement not to compete against each other in the same states. (TCM - you've got mad skills - you should become a BBQ consultant!)
I used to eat at Red, Hot and Blue when I lived in Frisco and I enjoyed it, but now that I've had the chance to eat at the original Corky's in Memphis, I don't believe that Red, Hot and Blue is anywhere as good as Corky's.

I used to eat at Red, Hot and Blue when I lived in Frisco and I enjoyed it, but now that I've had the chance to eat at the original Corky's in Memphis, I don't believe that Red, Hot and Blue is anywhere as good as Corky's.
+1. Lived in Memphis (Germantown) for 2 years - ate at the original Corky's about once a week - it was less than a mile off my evening route home from FedEx's HQ. Also ate pulled pork and ribs at the Germantown Commissary and at Rendezvous (downtown) at least once a month. I bet I only tried brisket there once or twice. Memphians are all about pork (They're not so good with beef) - Texans are more about steak and brisket.

+1 for 3 Stacks!!!

Excellent turkey and ribs. Extended sides, including kale salad! Standard BBQ menu PLUS they do brisket pizzas and nachos. Everything is home made daily, including some of the special sauces and the rib glaze.

+1. Lived in Memphis (Germantown) for 2 years - ate at the original Corky's about once a week - it was less than a mile off my evening route home from FedEx's HQ. Also ate pulled pork and ribs at the Germantown Commissary and at Rendezvous (downtown) at least once a month. I bet I only tried brisket there once or twice. Memphians are all about pork (They're not so good with beef) - Texans are more about steak and brisket.
Germantown Commissary is so good. They have the best beans I've ever had and the BBQ and Ribs are top notch. Sometimes I think of excuses to visit Memphis just to eat BBQ for a day or two.