BBQ Advocates - Here Ye Here Ye!

In Kroger's ad this week: $1.77 lb - Pork back ribs or $1.69 - pork spare ribs.
What is the difference? Which is better? Which is lower in fat or at least easier to cut the fat out before cooking? Thanks

Thanks Ebeman, I cooked some spare ribs a few weeks ago using some of your techinique's and they turned out very good, but I had to cut a lot of fat away. I will try the back ribs, since lower fat is one of my priorities.

Thanks Ebeman, I cooked some spare ribs a few weeks ago using some of your techinique's and they turned out very good, but I had to cut a lot of fat away. I will try the back ribs, since lower fat is one of my priorities.
Try trimming before you cook. I do. Notice you don't see hardly any fat on these.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

mcBerg

Platinum Member
For whatever reason, FOL seems to flag most pics I try to add regardless of size or format. Frustrating.

So we LOVE this local Greek joint and their Chicago style skirt steak is uNreal so trying tonight to deconstruct. For the marinade in the fridge for 4hrs: skirt steak, 2 lemons plus zest, minced garlic, Greek oregano,tons of quality olive oil and S&P and plan on throwing it on a hot charcoal hibachi cast iron grill instead of the Weber for max searing. Drooling just thinking about it...

For whatever reason, FOL seems to flag most pics I try to add regardless of size or format. Frustrating.

So we LOVE this local Greek joint and their Chicago style skirt steak is uNreal so trying tonight to deconstruct. For the marinade in the fridge for 4hrs: skirt steak, 2 lemons plus zest, minced garlic, Greek oregano,tons of quality olive oil and S&P and plan on throwing it on a hot charcoal hibachi cast iron grill instead of the Weber for max searing. Drooling just thinking about it...
Berg, get a free picture sharing account at something like photobucket or imgr. That's the best way to put pics up on FOL.

mridgley

Triple Platinum
Spatchcock chicken tonight smoked over some apple-wood. Seasoned with mother-clucker and then lightly brushed with a mix of Sweet Baby Ray's and Stone IPA. Low and slow - 215ish for a couple of hours.

I have to say, this might be the best one I have cooked in a while.