Asking for 2,000 kids in cages...

not a straw man... stop being intellectually dishonest and admit.. or at least come to the realization that... this is the end game the left wants
There are no members of Congress or major party leaders who suggest or are working towards open borders. You're simply making things up and daring people to defend a policy that doesn't exist.

Come out of Fantasyland and join us in the real world.

It's funny how FCS Wes is more than happy to come and chide me when he thinks I'm baselessly attributing a view to a broad group, yet he's silent on these continuous suggestions that all Democrats want open borders.

He might be an independent but his lean is pretty obvious.

Regarding the GOP not doing anything... I do believe there is a bill on the table that would solve quite a bit (Goodlatte), how many Dems are willing to vote for that?
The Goodlatte bill just failed in the House. The Republicans couldn't even get enough votes on their own side of the aisle to pass it. 41 Republicans voted nay.

There's a simple bill that would address this issue and doesn't have a bunch of cruft attached to it. Republicans refuse to take it up because they want to keep the kids as leverage, just like they're doing with DACA. The party is rotten to the core and using kids as bargaining chips.

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
Why not just legalize DACA? Illegal immigration has been declining for 5 years why not take care of the youth problem with DACA, get these people to work paying taxes and social security? Let them apply for legal resident status for 3 years (green card) and let them apply for citizenship if they don't break the law. Its not rocket science. DACA is a no-brainer.

We don't need open borders, but we can use a joint US-Mexico effort to open up Internet cafes in Mexico for Mexicans to apply for US jobs. They could be given a temporary work visas, using biosecurity with an expiration date. They can be issued an Employment number, like an SSN or EIN with a two letter prefix like an MX-in front. If they violate the work visa agreement then they can never come back.

No one is looking for real solutions.

A wall will just mean that we will have boat people drifting in on the coast.

Why not just legalize DACA? Illegal immigration has been declining for 5 years why not take care of the youth problem with DACA, get these people to work paying taxes and social security? Let them apply for legal resident status for 3 years (green card) and let them apply for citizenship if they don't break the law. Its not rocket science. DACA is a no-brainer.

We don't need open borders, but we can use a joint US-Mexico effort to open up Internet cafes in Mexico for Mexicans to apply for US jobs. They could be given a temporary work visas, using biosecurity with an expiration date. They can be issued an Employment number, like an SSN or EIN with a two letter prefix like an MX-in front. If they violate the work visa agreement then they can never come back.

No one is looking for real solutions.

A wall will just mean that we will have boat people drifting in on the coast.
Or really good pole vaulters. Whoever thinks an undefended wall cannot be defeated EASILY is kidding themselves.

Like hell am I going to let bold faced lies like that stand.

JFK started the pilot food stamp program. The Food Stamp Act was introduced by a Democrat and passed with mostly Democratic votes in the House and a handful (13) of Republicans.

The leftist agenda includes and has included for nearly a century a massive safety net that gets food, money, and care to malnourished kids, adults, and seniors. The modern Republican agenda seeks to gut that safety net in the name of tough love, cost savings, and "personal responsibility."

The Democratic party fights every single day to provide help for American children in need while your party says it's too expensive, so you can take that bogus outrage and shove it.
A highly intellectual response. The "leftist agenda" was never a "safety net" it is a hammock. Even with your lefyt hammock, there are too many kids in THIS country who need help. You and the other lefties need voters since you cant persuade enough in this country. Importing them illegally is the strategy, plain and simple.

Londoner

Platinum Member
There are no members of Congress or major party leaders who suggest or are working towards open borders. You're simply making things up and daring people to defend a policy that doesn't exist.

Come out of Fantasyland and join us in the real world.

It's funny how FCS Wes is more than happy to come and chide me when he thinks I'm baselessly attributing a view to a broad group, yet he's silent on these continuous suggestions that all Democrats want open borders.

He might be an independent but his lean is pretty obvious.
well then... thank goodness HRC didn't win the election... my guess is she had your vote

Will Hillary explain her dream of 'open borders'?

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton reportedly said to investors in a paid speech she gave to Brazilian Banco Itau in 2013.

JFK started the pilot food stamp program. The Food Stamp Act was introduced by a Democrat and passed with mostly Democratic votes in the House and a handful (13) of Republicans.

The leftist agenda includes and has included for nearly a century a massive safety net that gets food, money, and care to malnourished kids, adults, and seniors. The modern Republican agenda seeks to gut that safety net in the name of tough love, cost savings, and "personal responsibility."

The Democratic party fights every single day to provide help for American children in need while your party says it's too expensive, so you can take that bogus outrage and shove it.[/QUOTE

Come on, surely even you know Dems see this as opportunity to capture a generation of new voters. Have you really drank that much Kool-Aid?

Dems are like any party and want to be in power and giving "free" stuff to people who don't want to provide for themselves and family is part how they do that

Londoner

Platinum Member

The Democratic party fights every single day to provide help for American children in need while your party says it's too expensive, so you can take that bogus outrage and shove it.
so you are seriously defending the disaster known as the war on poverty???

The War on Poverty Wasn't A Failure -- It Was A Catastrophe

i will admit though... it takes guts to willingly appear this ignorant on a public forum... good thing it's anonymous

A highly intellectual response. The "leftist agenda" was never a "safety net" it is a hammock.
There it is. "Poor people are lazy".

well then... thank goodness HRC didn't win the election... my guess is she had your vote
Nope. Also that statement has been explained already and she isn't talking about open borders for immigrants, which is obvious from the context.

Come on, surely even you know Dems see this as opportunity to capture a generation of new voters. Have you really drank that much Kool-Aid?
Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million illegals. This wasn't even a limited amnesty like DACA either, it was full bore open legalization created in 1986 for anyone who came across the border before 1982.

Sorry, this isn't a liberal plot to destroy America. Republicans used to support it before they went full bore nuts over Mexicans.

A highly intellectual response. The "leftist agenda" was never a "safety net" it is a hammock. Even with your lefyt hammock, there are too many kids in THIS country who need help. You and the other lefties need voters since you cant persuade enough in this country. Importing them illegally is the strategy, plain and simple.
This is the core misunderstanding proponents of this vicious policy have. These people coming into our country are not the ones stagnating our economy or misapropriating our resources. You're being deceived by those who are actually the cause of our economic strife to focus your attention on the poor and weak. Yes there are many kids in our nation that are in desperate need of help but these immigrants are not the cause of that or even an impediment to helping them. Quit wasting trillions on war and corporate welfare and make the rich actually pay their taxes and you'll find we can help those kids out.

rawhide

Diamond Member
This thread makes it very clear that this is not about the poor little kids. This is about open borders. The message is that if people want to come here because they don’t like their country, they should be able to.

People really need to study history on what happens to a country without borders.
Winner winner chicken dinner. It is amazing how truly ignorant some people can be with regard to historical accounts of nations/countries with open borders.

Besides, shouldn’t we encourage those who wish to leave their country to actually stay and work to change their country for the better? To save their culture, their language and the rest of what comprises a nation?

Why should some nations unload their criminals into the US? Looking at you Cuba.

MSJ

Triple Platinum
That was a shout out for your idiotic suggestion that my previous posts be sent to the moderators.

Here's a couple examples of the many countries without armed encampments surrounding their country - Belgium, Neatherlands, Canada, anyone not named Russia.
Belgium borders France, Germany and The Netherlands, The Netherlands has borders with Germany and Belgium and Canada borders with the U.S. where we can't get celebrities to move to even though they promised they would. This is a apples to oranges comparison.

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
so you are seriously defending the disaster known as the war on poverty???

The War on Poverty Wasn't A Failure -- It Was A Catastrophe

i will admit though... it takes guts to willingly appear this ignorant on a public forum... good thing it's anonymous
I’m not sure how immigrant children being taken from their parents lands in a war on poverty debate. I would say that the poor in the US are better of than the poor in most if not all other nations. It’s working ... right?

The thing people forget is that the first creation of the industrial revolution, after employment, was unemployment. The first casualties of a failed banking system is unemployment of the lower wages. We cannot pick a plot of land and raise crops and eat rabbits if we lose our jobs. We need money to live. Safety nets are what keeps the nation afloat not just individual families.

The so-called failed welfare state was what helped the US recover from the 2008 credit crisis much faster. Speaking of welfare who paid for the JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs executive bonuses after the credit crisis? You did!

These shallow debates about welfare are great fodder for political division, but are far removed from real life. So, let’s hope you never need any help, because I would bet you don’t turn it down.

Londoner

Platinum Member
I’m not sure how immigrant children being taken from their parents lands in a war on poverty debate. I would say that the poor in the US are better of than the poor in most if not all other nations. It’s working ... right?
you were the one who pulled the food stamp act into the discussion, which is directly related to the failed war on poverty... I mean, did you even bother to read the article? I’m guessing not, since you think you know everything lol

you were the one who pulled the food stamp act into the discussion
No, he wasn't.

I brought up the Food Stamp Act, but only did so because nola and ray decided to try and derail the thread by pretending Democrats do nothing for children in need for this country. That's nonsense on its face and they know it as much as you do. You can disagree on the methods or the efficacy of them, but millions of people have had meals put on their tables by those programs you so desperately seek to disparage and Republicans in general seek to dismantle.

Ripping these kids from their parents' arms does not put food in the mouths of needy Americans. Neither does spending millions of dollars paying private contractors to fly these kids thousands of miles away from their parents. Neither does spending considerable resources and time and money on detaining and prosecuting tens of thousands of people at the border with no proof that the policy will actually deter future unlawful entries.

Every last cent Trump spends on this immoral travesty could be better spent on feeding those needy children you care so much about.

Winner winner chicken dinner. It is amazing how truly ignorant some people can be with regard to historical accounts of nations/countries with open borders.
Since we're so ignorant maybe you can enlighten us.

This is a graph showing the percentage of the US population that is foreign born.

You're an astute student of history. What happened in the 60s that caused that line to reverse direction starting in 1970?