Any updates on Wade Park?

Is this in progress or abandoned? I only glance at it driving on DNT but it looks the same every time to me. It's hard to imagine that it was started before The Star.

AGH

Gold Member
They have moved in a bunch of tower cranes and built the foundations for them, so it seems to still be moving ahead albeit slowly.

Chris1771

Silver Member
Drove by this morning around 9:30. Nary a soul. I think I saw a tumbleweed rolling past it.
Apparently the owners are knee deep in bankruptcy on a billion dollar project near Nashville. They have until Halloween. I hope Frisco has a Plan B for this property, just in case.
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvil...-developer-exits-bankruptcy-with-deal-to.html
Noooooo, I'm sure plan B is to make the whole thing one big apartment complex, with a nail salon, mattress store, and a fast food chicken place.

Why did they have to dig the giant hole? Based on the renderings of the build out, I don't see it. Unless they planned on underground shopping like in Downtown Dallas.

S

stryker

Why did they have to dig the giant hole? Based on the renderings of the build out, I don't see it. Unless they planned on underground shopping like in Downtown Dallas.
It could be for a underground parking garage, or it could be for select fill that is used to stabilize the the ground underneath the slab. Those are just complete guesses though.