Amazon HQ2

Chris1771

Silver Member
I see that Dallas is still in the running, but I’m unclear whether that’s Dallas, the city, meaning Frisco is out, or Dallas, the metroplex, meaning Frisco is still in the running.

Anybody got more details?
I believe they bundle all of the surrounding cities together. I’m sure Dallas had a bid, frisco had a bid, Irving had a bid, etc. My thinking is dallas means the entire area is still in the running, regardless of location in the metroplex.

I believe they bundle all of the surrounding cities together. I’m sure Dallas had a bid, frisco had a bid, Irving had a bid, etc. My thinking is dallas means the entire area is still in the running, regardless of location in the metroplex.
I think Dallas would mean the D/FW metroplex area including Frisco.

I think Austin has a much better chance than D/FW. I don't want Amazon here in Frisco. Houses have skyrocketed along with Property Taxes, and If Amazon came here the School Board would build another 50 schools just in anticipation of "What If"

I suspect a starter house is $300K or more in Frisco. What is the average listing price of house in Frisco today $550K?

I think Dallas would mean the D/FW metroplex area including Frisco.

I think Austin has a much better chance than D/FW. I don't want Amazon here in Frisco. Houses have skyrocketed along with Property Taxes, and If Amazon came here the School Board would build another 50 schools just in anticipation of "What If"

I suspect a starter house is $300K or more in Frisco. What is the average listing price of house in Frisco today $550K?
I think they'll settle in Brinkman Ranch. Preserve and respect the landscape and use their development as a benchmark in new technology and sustainability. It would a great opportunity for the company and for the community.

Last edited:
I think they'll settle in Brinkman Ranch. Preserve and respect the landscape and use their development as a benchmark in new technology and sustainability. It would a great opportunity for the company and for the community.
There is plenty of land. It's my own little piece of heaven up in Frisco. I live vey close to it. I see deer, coyotes, bobcats from time to time. Nice to wake up and hear the cows early morning. And it sure keeps down the redlight and cross traffic on Preston and El Dorado.

If they did settle into Brinkman Ranch, I would stay until it was up and running and then sell my place at a premium and move onto my retirement plans. Panama or some Asian Country and just remember the good times I had in Frisco.

If I was a betting man, Austin would be chosen over Frisco due to their liberal views and policies, Frisco is too conservative for Amazon, and no public transportation.