All My Babies' Mamas

rayearth

Gold Member
Hoarders is about a problem that is sad and hard to fix. This show is about a problem that is VERY easy to fix.
That made me laugh but hoarding is actually not that hard to fix either. I have some experience living with hoarders and even had tendencies myself before I worked to change. I only made it through 5 minutes of that show and had to turn it off because I just wanted to smack people.

wrenchtwister

Diamond Member
That made me laugh but hoarding is actually not that hard to fix either. I have some experience living with hoarders and even had tendencies myself before I worked to change. I only made it through 5 minutes of that show and had to turn it off because I just wanted to smack people.

I'm more with this....

wrenchtwister

Diamond Member
Sick freak.

Why in the world would anyone glorify that by making show from it.
We need to return to a time when this type of crap is reviled and considered trash or low class...and is shameful.

Our media and pop culture's appointed leaders promote this sort of trash and then our President invites them and the social flavor of the day to grace the White House and institutions that were once looked upon as icons of high regarded civil society... Now marriage, childbirth, our Presidency and our leaders are have no more value or credibility than the snake oil salesman at the traveling carnival in Hicksville USA....

But then again, we have been shown, told, warned and promised where our apathy will lead us and we just keep asking for more...

Bon appetite my friends!!!

mcBerg

Platinum Member
Everyone has their entertainment, but sure wouldn't mind including the removal of all the right wingnut redneck shows like "Duck Dynasty", "Doomsday Idiots", "Honey Boo Boo", "Buck Wild" etc mindless paranoia garbage infiltrating channels that used to be more science and historical.

Everyone has their entertainment, but sure wouldn't mind including the removal of all the right wingnut redneck shows like "Duck Dynasty", "Doomsday Idiots", "Honey Boo Boo", "Buck Wild" etc mindless paranoia garbage infiltrating channels that used to be more science and historical.
Always have to interject politics into it. :facepalm:

Sorry, but Honey Boo Boo & all that nastiness belongs to liberals. :pop:

And I would take Duck Dynasty over that Any. Day. Of. The. Week.

Brother we're pretty close on this issue.

As a matter of fact I have always thought that you and I would probably have some pretty cool get togethers with our significant others on the things we have in common... Great food wine, Etc...
Despite our differences on many issues I have always thought you were pretty cool...
Don't know why...
These type of things are just getting outside if the comfort zone though... Do we really need "entertainment" like this? Is this really entertainment to people or is it really just voyeurism to a train wreck?

Last edited:

mcBerg

Platinum Member
^Oh, so a child can vote now in the South? lol

Would love to see the poll numbers on the double-wide trailer gun huggin' geniuses and who they voted for.

South as usual voted R but lost big. Regardless, my point stands as the stupid redneck shows are trash and no better for society. Skip.

debw712

Diamond Member
I think you missed my point. I said people watch Hoarders and think "how do they get to that point" while I'm thinking some may watch this new show and take a lesson it "how to" from it

Wasn't lumping obsessive careless humping with obsessive collecting

^Oh, so a child can vote now in the South? lol

Would love to see the poll numbers on the double-wide trailer gun huggin' geniuses and who they voted for.

South as usual voted R but lost big. Regardless, my point stands as the stupid redneck shows are trash and no better for society. Skip.
So a 7 year old child loves Obama all on her own with no influence from her parents. :golfclap:

Most of reality TV is trash &/or staged.

debw712

Diamond Member
Occupations of the Bayou, WT beauty pageant entrants, truckers on ice, Amish runaways... These are all shows about people with very different lives than our or even than the norm. These are people who work, own homes, take care of their families and like it or not contribute something to society.

A young kid isn't going to see Honey Boo Boo and think "ohh that's cool I want to be like them" the entertainment ( used loosely as I hate that show) isn't from a deterioration of family or suckling the government's teat- it's from a Walmart life style.

They DO have pretty decent kids albeit rough around the edges.

I think the "Housewives" of anywhere shows are more comparable to this Baby Mama show. Encouraging the über drama, fighting, living off some poor guys over paid alimony and sleeping around.

I think pop culture has made being a "ho" or a knocked up chick of a popular guy a sought after title.

I don't label any of them politically, I think most of these people are too dumb to vote. Showing a guy with that many seeds spread and no commitment to those women and potentially painting him in a positive light while at least half if not all those babies usurp government resources is a how to show on how to be a scum bag.