AJ McCarron's mom

"Your in America. Speak English." ;)

Actually, I for one will give AJ's mom the benefit of the doubt - I don't think she meant it to be a racist remark. (I've made the same comment to friends of all races and colors when they're talking gibberish.)

coachrex75035

Platinum Member
People sometimes wonder if I'm speaking English and I'm white.

Once my New Orleans accent kicks in and I start talking fast it can be hard to understand me.
When people start asking me to repeat myself I know it's time to slow down.

pearceg

Diamond Member
Is this how college educated people speak? Really?
Winston's not really college educated. He's an "exploratory major" at FSU. When I looked it up, their web site described the "exploratory major" just as I expected they would:

The Exploratory major is designed for students who are not yet ready to select a specific departmental major. Recognizing students who are Exploratory require additional information, assistance, and support from a staff of experienced academic advisors, The Advising First Center for Exploratory Students has been established to offer these services and regulate student?s progress until a departmental major has been selected.
IOW, his academic major is "football."

DAZZOR

Gold Member
Not racist at all. Come to think of it I am sure they sometimes add English subtitles to English programming. It makes life different and fun.

People sometimes wonder if I'm speaking English and I'm white.

Once my New Orleans accent kicks in and I start talking fast it can be hard to understand me.
When people start asking me to repeat myself I know it's time to slow down.
No kidding. I had to ask for a translator in Houma once.

TPW

Diamond Member
She's from ALABAMA, for goodness sake. Like she has room to talk.....

I must say between losing 2 in a row, the way their fans handled themselves after the Auburn loss with the death threats to the kicker and the drunk Alabama lady at the Sugar bowl going all kung fu on the OU fan its been a rough month or so for poor Bama....and I love it....

eyeamdaman1

Platinum Member
I understood him in his post BCS speech just fine, now he's no public speaker and is young. I did think that he needed to put more thought into what he was trying to say but it was a "heat of the moment" speech.
Dee Dee Bonner, IDK. Stupid comment, yes, poor sport, yes; she and the Manzels would fit in well together.

Yes, it just wasn't necessary for her to say anything. She knew what she was doing but didn't give a d*a mn in her "heat of the moment".

planomateo

Platinum Member
Who cares what she said...

I think it was a stupid comment for the record, but hell, I think alot of comments are stupid (even my own comments at times are stupid). None of them are news worthy most of the time.

My initial reaction was, I suppose, the rather common one -- what was she thinking? Then I realized I posted a rather similar comment on Twitter during another football game over the holidays. Only this time, it applied to Lou Holtz.

So why should she be held to any different standard, when in reality, the football program really should be spending time "coaching" their players on things like being more eloquent when doing media interviews? They're in college - teach 'em to speak goodly, already. :D

coachrex75035

Platinum Member
Me too.

I'm not sure what that says about the two of us though.
Those guys have some thick accents for sure.

(Edit: haven't learned how to quote using my iPhone yet)

Last edited:

bac

I understood him in his post BCS speech just fine, now he's no public speaker and is young. I did think that he needed to put more thought into what he was trying to say but it was a "heat of the moment" speech.
Dee Dee Bonner, IDK. Stupid comment, yes, poor sport, yes; she and the Manzels would fit in well together.
Isn't the internet great? Any ol' ___ can throw out a baseless accusation. Feel better?