A-roid continues to play while appealing 210 game suspension

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
I know it doesn't matter, but should the NY Yankees do the right thing and not play him? I can't see any way he is going to win this appeal.

IMO, if the Yankees play him, the commissioner should vacate the interim wins if (when) his appeal fails.

perseco

Double Platinum
I know it doesn't matter, but should the NY Yankees do the right thing and not play him? I can't see any way he is going to win this appeal.

IMO, if the Yankees play him, the commissioner should vacate the interim wins if (when) his appeal fails.
Considering he actually tried to get other players on roids and actively tried to impede the investigation, the Yankees should just drop his contract outright and eat the loss. There is plenty of other talent out there that won't tarnish their name further.

A Rod is the poster boy for what is wrong about professional athletes:
No accountability
No self-control
No respect for the rules
Arrogant
Not very smart
Nothing applies to me mentaility.

The Yankees are actually just a stupid. The contract they paid him will go down as one of the worst contracts in professional sports for the club..

eyeamdaman1

Platinum Member
A Rod is the poster boy for what is wrong about professional athletes:
No accountability
No self-control
No respect for the rules
Arrogant
Not very smart
Nothing applies to me mentaility.

The Yankees are actually just a stupid. The contract they paid him will go down as one of the worst contracts in professional sports for the club..

Save for what the Rangers paid him.

brianw76

Silver Member
Save for what the Rangers paid him.
Actually I think the Rangers got a much better deal than NY did. ARod was at the top of his game and in the prime of his career when he came on board. The problem is, the Rangers just weren't that good overall and were hardly one player away from being a contender so all that money they spent was largely being wasted.

When you factor in inflation and how he was paid even more at the end of his career when the numbers started to taper off at an alarming rate, yeah, NY got screwed but they knew the risk. You would think the baseball execs would learn their lesson on these huge contracts for 6+ years on aging stars, but there is always somebody waiting to do the same thing all over again.

Actually I think the Rangers got a much better deal than NY did. ARod was at the top of his game and in the prime of his career when he came on board. The problem is, the Rangers just weren't that good overall and were hardly one player away from being a contender so all that money they spent was largely being wasted.

When you factor in inflation and how he was paid even more at the end of his career when the numbers started to taper off at an alarming rate, yeah, NY got screwed but they knew the risk. You would think the baseball execs would learn their lesson on these huge contracts for 6+ years on aging stars, but there is always somebody waiting to do the same thing all over again.
So the Angels are repeating what the Rangers did 10 years ago, right? :)

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
The hardline mentioned yesterday that the Rangers are still on the hook for $40M due to Hicks deferring a lot of the A-Rod payments. I thought we were done paying this POS.