A NEW Story about Frisco...

golfacct

Silver Member
I would guess the age is going to keep increasing as the house values increase and the first time home owners and new families will not be able to afford to purchase or even rent in Frisco.

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
I would guess the age is going to keep increasing as the house values increase and the first time home owners and new families will not be able to afford to purchase or even rent in Frisco.
It'll also increase just due to people sticking around. My guess is a lot of that is driven by people who have been living here for sometime.

MSJ

Triple Platinum
You have the seniors that are sticking around. Other seniors are moving here to be close to their kids and grandchildren.
One advantage Frisco has is the ability to watch how big brother to our south is dealing with these issues. With increased support of agencies that help seniors like Meals on Wheels or other non profits that assist seniors. I'm sure FFD who shares Plano Fire Rescues medical control is watching Plano's Paramedicine program which targets frequent visitors to our area emergency rooms. MCP and Texas Health Presbyterian both help to support this City of Plano program.

Just 10 years ago, our average Frisco resident age was 31.8. Today it's 37.4 years old with a rapidly growing "senior citizen" population. Here's another side of Frisco, TX... a story about faith, love, aging, and Alheimer's - Oscar and Bessie Carter: Faith, Love, and Alzheimer's
Wendistry - Do you know how to read statistics?? The average age has been increasing due to slower growth in the ISD. While the aging population is growing in Frisco it is not significant enough to move the average that much. 10 years ago we were building schools as fast as the concrete would cure. Sometimes even before it would cure.

demvet

Bronze Member
Wendistry - Do you know how to read statistics?? The average age has been increasing due to slower growth in the ISD. While the aging population is growing in Frisco it is not significant enough to move the average that much. 10 years ago we were building schools as fast as the concrete would cure. Sometimes even before it would cure.

Gonna have a lot of empty schools here in the next 10-15 years.

Would have been better to use portables - You can move them from Southern Frisco schools to the new Northern Frisco schools. If it was not for the influx of multi family housing you would be looking for things to do with the Southern Frisco schools.

kenny6

Gold Member
I seriously doubt the schools will be empty any time within the next 20-30 years but they were built specifically with re-purposing in mind.

I seriously doubt the schools will be empty any time within the next 20-30 years but they were built specifically with re-purposing in mind.
I'm curious what the repurposing plans are for the 20-30 too many/wrong location schools by 2030? How many senior centers can you build??

kenny6

Gold Member
Might wanna check the birth rates at Frisco Baylor and the 0-5 yr old population. We're still in a hyper growth phase and they are building schools and homes as fast as they can. Gonna be a while before anything drastic happens. ISD growth may not be as fast as 10 yrs ago, the city is maturing now from a once tiny town, but it's still growing plenty. FISD is still projected to add 10k students over the next 4-5 yrs.

We're seeing a very minor shift in avg age. People with young children are still moving here in droves. People are also having children at a later age.

How many empty schools in Plano?? People were probably saying the same thing there in the late 80s.

Rimrock

Double Platinum
Yeah. They are jumping the gun. Besides look at all the burbs that surround Dallas proper. They too thought they might end up with too many buildings after the boom in the 80s but they never saw the massive demographic changes that occurred coming.

Might wanna check the birth rates at Frisco Baylor and the 0-5 yr old population. We're still in a hyper growth phase and they are building schools and homes as fast as they can. Gonna be a while before anything drastic happens. ISD growth may not be as fast as 10 yrs ago, the city is maturing now from a once tiny town, but it's still growing plenty. FISD is still projected to add 10k students over the next 4-5 yrs.

We're seeing a very minor shift in avg age. People with young children are still moving here in droves. People are also having children at a later age.

How many empty schools in Plano?? People were probably saying the same thing there in the late 80s.
Yes the birth and growth rates are continuing for Frisco, BUT Frisco is not one geography. That bubble in age 0-5 creeps further north every year (Where the new housing is located). While the Southern sections are seeing more empty nesters being back filled with multi-family.

kenny6

Gold Member
Yes the birth and growth rates are continuing for Frisco, BUT Frisco is not one geography. That bubble in age 0-5 creeps further north every year (Where the new housing is located). While the Southern sections are seeing more empty nesters being back filled with multi-family.
So you think we are gonna go from the hottest real estate market and fastest growing ISD in the country to some kind of retirement community with empty schools in 10 yrs??

OK...just put the pipe down and log off bro.

No, hottest RE market - eh. My point is our school size and density was designed for student max. As the hyper growth moves North southern schools end up with over capacity. This forces the ISD to constantly be shifting school borders stretching southern school boundaries to suck up capacity.