A/C Repair

So our downstairs outdoor unit is not turning on, on its own....if DH takes a stick and gets the fan going it will run but not at full power. Not sure what is wrong with it but will need someone to come out and take a look at it. Since this is our first time ever dealing with this, we aren't sure what to expect. I left a message with Big Bear, but havent heard anything back yet... Any other recommendations? Any ideas of what could be wrong? Estimated cost?

Thanks!!!

You could try John Ried, 972-955-6190, but given the weather I think they are all working extremey hard right now.

Or the previous post might work. Give Toolie a red bull and a stick.

denise_s5

Silver Member
Call Dustin - He can help you for a great price

Call my friend Dustin Pettke. He works for SMU but does repair and service work on the side. He is generally much cheaper than other companies and does great work. He has done work for many people at my school district as well as other customers, and all reviews I have heard have been very positive.

His phone number is 972-294-1397 and his cell number is 469-360-3923. He is home tomorrow so could possibly come look at it for you quickly. You can also reach him via email at pettke333@yahoo.com

Tell him Denise gave you his number...he is a great guy to work with.

Last edited:

Tooleman

Diamond Member
Turns out we know a guy that is a repairman, and he is repairing for us for dirt cheap..

Was worried about a couple hundred dollar bill..

raven70

Double Platinum
Would recommend BigBear. Just search FOL forums, and recommendations for BigBear are 10 to 1 compared to any other AC repair company on here.

Air and Heat Hospital. 972-434-9675. David does fast honest work. Daughter just had him work on her's Monday. My neighbor called them July 2 at 6:30 pm. They were out Sunday by 9:00 am.

BigBear

So our downstairs outdoor unit is not turning on, on its own....if DH takes a stick and gets the fan going it will run but not at full power. Not sure what is wrong with it but will need someone to come out and take a look at it. Since this is our first time ever dealing with this, we aren't sure what to expect. I left a message with Big Bear, but havent heard anything back yet... Any other recommendations? Any ideas of what could be wrong? Estimated cost?

Thanks!!!
My apologies for not calling back until this morning, ended up with a flat tire and then heat exhaustion. Glad you were able to get it done.

Would recommend BigBear. Just search FOL forums, and recommendations for BigBear are 10 to 1 compared to any other AC repair company on here.
We called Big Bear (972-998-9990) based on the reviews in FOL. very good people, A/C works now. Would definitely recommend them to anyone here.

Tues. afternoon I recommended Air and Heat Hospital. That night at 7:30 my unit quit working. I called David, left a message. He got back to me before 8:00. He tried to find one of his guys in the area. He didn't have anybody close. He came out before 8:00 Wed. morning had my unit up an running in less than an hour.