13-5A The all Frisco football district

LSHS sounded like a much better game, than WHS. They really thought they were going to run over Reedy. Two star players didn't even suit out for the game. Pretty sure LSHS and Frisco will finish 1st/2nd. Now the 3rd and 4th will be a toss up in the end.

TPW

Diamond Member
LSHS sounded like a much better game, than WHS. They really thought they were going to run over Reedy. Two star players didn't even suit out for the game. Pretty sure LSHS and Frisco will finish 1st/2nd. Now the 3rd and 4th will be a toss up in the end.
Players didn't dress out because they were injured not due to hubris. Please get your facts straight before posting especially when trying to disparage teen-age athletes.

(What is wrong with people....)

I am sorry I didn't realize I said anything negative in regards to them. For your response, I do know the reason the players did not suit out. No worries, we will have our entire line up ready for next Friday.

What a great game last night. One thing that stands out from a Lone Star perspective is Nicholas Bolton on defense. How does a 6' 230 lbs LBer that can run a 4.55 40 not have any college offers? This kid can flat out play and he has the potential to be 245 lbs in college. I can't imagine he won't get an offer somewhere.

I completely agree on Nick. He dominates in every game he plays. College recruiting, I'm realizing, is still as old fashioned as it was 30 years ago. It's word of mouth, hype and colleges going after the same guys to see who can land each others recruits. Take the Lovejoy LB for example. He was shown up by Nick in the game they played, yet he still is receiving offers from many power 5 schools. He isn't half the player Nick is. It's a game of follow the leader in college recruiting.

Nearly 3 months in and I have seen 1 Defense. 13-5 won't go anywhere until we don't have to score 40 to reach OT. It is hard to tell how good any of these teams are because with the exception of LS, they are all one dimensional. I look forward to seeing a game where the score isn't higher then a HS basketball game.

Nearly 3 months in and I have seen 1 Defense. 13-5 won't go anywhere until we don't have to score 40 to reach OT. It is hard to tell how good any of these teams are because with the exception of LS, they are all one dimensional. I look forward to seeing a game where the score isn't higher then a HS basketball game.
You were at the Wakeland-Heritage game Friday where it looked like Tech/OU? Over 120 points put on the board.......

What a great game last night. One thing that stands out from a Lone Star perspective is Nicholas Bolton on defense. How does a 6' 230 lbs LBer that can run a 4.55 40 not have any college offers? This kid can flat out play and he has the potential to be 245 lbs in college. I can't imagine he won't get an offer somewhere.
Typically there is a coach on staff that handles the recruiting. These coaches develop relationships with certain colleges and funnel kids into the college system. If your HS coach does not have contacts, then it significantly hampers your opportunities. Yes, there are camps and true creme will get spotted but the road may be more difficult. Plus, NOBODY believes HS stat lines. 6 foot is a little on the short side. If he is talented, he'll get an offer somewhere.

Typically there is a coach on staff that handles the recruiting. These coaches develop relationships with certain colleges and funnel kids into the college system. If your HS coach does not have contacts, then it significantly hampers your opportunities. Yes, there are camps and true creme will get spotted but the road may be more difficult. Plus, NOBODY believes HS stat lines. 6 foot is a little on the short side. If he is talented, he'll get an offer somewhere.
I've watch the kid play several times and he's the real deal. IndianaDad has a kid on the team that knows this kid and I'm sure he can vouch for the lifts. I guess if you ask me, the lifts are the least impressive part of his stat line, so I'm pretty sure the numbers weren't exaggerated. He passes the eyeball test on weighing 225 lbs. I'm not sure about the 40 time because 4.55 does seem a bit fast for a 225 lbs kid, but he's constantly making open field plays. That's the part that impresses me. His ability to read, react, pursue and make plays and he's flat out a sure handed tackler.

I agree that the 6' height is on the short side, but I've also seen P5 linebackers who play at that height. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere, but he's an example of how screwed up the tale of the tape in recruiting has become.

How good is Wakeland this year?
Round 1 of playoffs next week, but don't think they will make it to round 2. This year they truly have an incredible quarterback, but again defense just isn't there. Great group of athletes the past 3 years, but coaches only focus on about 5 players as the play makers.

Lone Star did lose 2 fantastic DE's, 3 above average DB's and one great Safety.
The D-line has added some depth and size/strength so it should be just as good but for different reasons. The defensive backfield is where the problems may be if there are any.

The scrimmage was somewhat one sided. Lake Ridge is a completely different team than last year. Their QB was off the mark all night and they didn't have a running game. Our All-State LB had a great night.
In 12 opening plays for each team, both teams scored a TD. In the second series, LS did a lot of subbing so it was hard to get a good feel. In the 1 qtr segment they played to end the scrimmage, LS won 14-3. A 70 yard TD pass and run by Jaylon Dixon and a 10yd TD by Kavika Pittman. Lake Ridge blitzed LB's the entire time, sometimes 4 at once and at one point had 10 guys in the box. This is just like Cedar Park and Frisco did to LS last year in their two defeats. Hopefully LS now sees how to beat the LB blitzing game and exploit it. It's pretty simple to do, we just need to recognize it when its happening.

I'm sure Frisco will run 50 plays between the tackles this year. Finish 3rd in district and show the world their offense from 1937 in the playoffs...

Independence should compete for 1 or 2 in district this year. They have a great RB and a QB that has gained confidence and from what I hear has shown improvement. He seems to just throw it up for grabs at times so If he can fix that, they should be competitive.
Check on one prediction. They weren't the same team that showed up to play Lone Star in week 5, but still not a good showing. The Colony ain't that good.

I do think Independence shows up better than Frisco did tomorrow night. Lone Star should (should being the key word) win by a bunch tomorrow night. I have no idea of what to expect from Wakeland, but I have a feeling that Prosper will be too much.

Looking back , I did predict the first 3 finishers in district correctly, as Independence did compete for a #1 tie in week 11 and finished 2nd. Frisco, however changed to the triple option this year, so they ran a few more plays around the end than last year.

amazing win last night for the Wolverwines. Didn't see if being Wakeland that continues into the playoffs round 3. It was actually the entire team that one that game, everyone gave their heart.

I was wrong about their opponent. It's actually Mansfield Legacy, not Lake Ridge.
Mansfield Legacy was just way too fast, athletic for Wakeland. I think of the fastest 20 players on the field, 19 of them were Legacy.
Wakeland may have been able to hang close, had their coach not decided to kickoff deep after their first touchdown. Of course, the guy fleew around and past the whole slower Wakeland special teams kick coverage for a KR TD, which took away any momentum.

Wakeland had often pooch-kicked during the season. They seemed surprised at the speed of the kick returners.
The next time Wakeland kicked off, of course, they pooched it high and short.
Expensive lesson.

Both Lone Star and Wakeland will have new and worse QBs next year. Rebuilding modes, but we'll see.....