The internationally renowned steakhouse from Brazil, Fogo de Chão announces its newest location will open on Monday, March 26, in Plano’s Legacy West development.
Celebrating the brand’s 40-year history by showcasing new ways to dine in an elevated setting, Fogo de Chão has a rich history dating back to 1975 when two founding brothers left their quaint countryside in Rio Grande da Sul for formal churrasqueiro training and development of the Fogo concept. In 1979, the first Fogo restaurant opened and by 1997, at the requests of loyal American guests, the Fogo concept was exported to the U.S. with a stateside debut in Dallas, Texas.
Fogo de Chão also relocated its global headquarters to Legacy West, which includes a state-of-the-art test kitchen and bar to continue to focus on global food and beverage innovation.
We couldn’t be more excited about the opening of our flagship restaurant in Legacy West,” said Larry Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão. “While remaining true to our authentic Brazilian roots, this new location will be the launching pad for innovation as the Fogo brand continues to grow for years to come.”
The Fogo Legacy West culinary team is proudly led by Head Gaucho Marcos Nascimento. Hailing from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, he first learned the gaucho style of cooking from his father at the age of fourteen. His team of Brazilian-trained gaucho chefs personally butchers all of the meats in-house, roasts them over an open fire, and then carves each piece tableside.
The Fogo de Chão menu is anchored upon a variety of fire-roasted meats including favorites like Ribeye, double-cut Lamb Chops, and house-specialty Picanha, the most prized Brazilian steak. Fogo Legacy West will be the first location to debut a Churrasco Bar, which offers open-kitchen seating at the grill. The new restaurant will also offer a range of menu selections and prices to fit guests’ needs, including:
- The Full Churrasco Experience – the traditional menu including all premium and classic cuts, plus the Market Table & Feijoada Bar, which includes seasonal salads, imported charcuterie and cheeses, fresh vegetables, Feijoada (traditional black bean stew) and family-style service of authentic Brazilian side dishes.
- The Dry Aged Experience – exclusively on Friday and Saturday nights in Legacy West, guests can treat themselves to premium cuts of dry-aged meat, all aged in-house for a minimum of 45 days.
- Brazilian Cuts for $39 – featuring continual service of the most popular beef, chicken, lamb and pork cuts of Brazil, with the Market Table & Feijoada Bar and Brazilian Sides.
- Select Cut starting at $29 – Guest chooses one selection of fire-roasted meat to accompany the Market Table & Feijoada Bar and Brazilian sides.
In addition to these nightly dinner options, Fogo will also include:
- Churrasco Bar: A first-ever experience, the new Churrasco Bar offers guests front-row access to the open kitchen and the churrasqueira grill. Here every table is truly a Chef’s Table.
- Market Table: The seasonal Market Table is inspired by the grand kitchen tables on the farms of Southern Brazil where family and friends gather to share the finest vegetables, slaws, and salads from the harvest. The Market Table is nearly 100% gluten-free and includes a wide selections of proteins, superfoods, and vggetarian choices.
- Weekday Lunch starting at $15: Includes the seasonal Market Table & Feijoada Bar plus family-style service of Brazilian side dishes. Guests may choose to add a single selection of fire-roasted meat, or have the Full Churrasco Experience.
- Weekend Brazilian Brunch: A weekend feast with family and friends includes the full churrasco experience combined with the Market Table and special Brazilian-inspired breakfast items like Pão de Queijo Egg Bake and Braised Beef Rib Hash.
- Bar Fogo: Guests can experience Fogo de Chão in a more casual setting while enjoying small plates like Braised Beef Rib Sliders, Churrasco Meat Boards, or fresh house-ground Picanha Burger. A special happy hour offers $4 Brazilian Bites and Beers, $6 South American Wines and $8 Crafted Cocktails in the bar and on the patio.
- Seafood: Brazilian-inspired seafood options are available a-la-carte, including shrimp and lobster appetizers, Mango Chilean Sea Bass and a Seafood Tower.
- Group and Private Dining: Whether celebrating a special birthday or hosting a large corporate meeting, Fogo de Chão has become the place for group and private dining internationally. The Legacy West location is well-suited for groups of all sizes with customizable menus, beautiful private and semi-private dining spaces, and complimentary A/V equipment.
A dining experience for all ages, children six and under enjoy complimentary dining at Fogo de Chão and ages 7-12 dine at half price for the full Churrasco experience. Beverages, desserts, tax and gratuity are additional.
- Monday through Friday: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Monday through Thursday: 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm
- Friday: 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Saturday: 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Sunday: 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Weekend Brazilian Brunch:
- Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Monday through Friday: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm (Available in Bar Fogo & Patio only)
North end of Legacy West
5908 Headquarters Drive, Plano TX 75024