Jason Taylor, president of Frisco-based software company Code Authority, has announced a couple of changes to the 10th Annual Mankind Golf Charity Golf Tournament.
“During the past few months, we’ve all been challenged by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in our personal and professional lives. The Mankind board has been holding out hope that the rules on re-opening and the health and safety concerns of the general public would allow us to host our annual golf tournament soon.
Unfortunately, we’ve reached a point where a decision must be made and there are still limitations in place that make it impossible to produce the full-scale event that has helped raise so much money and awareness for the past nine years and counting. Thus, we’re rescheduling our 10th annual golf tournament to Friday, April 9th, 2021, at The Tribute in The Colony, TX.”
Here’s how you can help in the meantime…
Friday, June 26th, 2020 is now “Golf #ForeMankind Day” and your help is needed to make it a success!
The effects of the pandemic have made the Mankind mission even more important to accomplish right now, in 2020. Simply canceling the tournament this year was not an option we could accept. Instead, the Mankind board came up with a creative way to raise funds and have fun despite the factors working against them.
“Golf #ForeMankind Day” is something everyone can participate in, even if they’re not near North Texas on June 26, 2020. Those ready to support are encouraged to do 3 simple things:
Play Golf with us or elsewhere – it’s up to you!
Option #1: Play with the Mankind Board at The Tribute in The Colony, TX — If you already prepaid your tournament entry fee, you have a spot secured among a limited block of tee times the course has provided for the event. The event organizers will communicate your team’s assigned time the week of the event. You’ve also already secured one raffle entry
(prize to be announced).
If you have not prepaid, the cost is $200 and includes golf, plus a raffle entry. Access is limited so first paid = first to play. Though there won’t be a scramble format tournament or included meals, there will be golf, comradery and fun supporting Mankind. The course is going to require one person per cart, and they will be selling alcohol and food.
There will be gatherings before the first tee-time and after golf is complete where the board will:
- Share exciting updates on the men we’ve been able to help this year made possible by your generosity
- Introduce a new “Mankinders Membership Program” that will make it easier than ever to support Mankind
- Announce the raffle winner live on Facebook!
Option #2: Play Elsewhere and “Join Us” Virtually — Post pictures and messages to social media with the #ForeMankind hashtag. Be sure to tune in to the live raffle announcement on Facebook (time TBD). If you prepaid for an entry fee and/or sponsorship, but aren’t able to participate on June 26th, you have several options:
- Choose to assign your entry fee(s) and/or sponsorship payment to next year’s event on April 9,
2021. We will hold the same sponsorship for you at our 10th annual event next year.
- Donate your prepaid entry fee(s) and/or sponsorship payment to Mankind for use this year to
help North Texan men and their families. You will receive one Raffle Entry per entry fee and
additional Raffle Entries for every $50 worth of donated sponsorship.
- Request a refund. All refund requests will be honored 100%.
There are few other ways to support Golf #ForeMankind Day.
Golf or not, you can play a vital role in supporting Mankind in 2020. Here’s how:
- Donate via the “Donate Now” button at www.ForeMankind.org
- For every $50 donated between now and June 26, you will earn a Raffle Entry
- Join our new “Mankinders Membership Program” (details coming soon)
- Promote “Golf #ForeMankind Day” on Social Media
- Click “Going” on our Facebook Event (https://www.facebook.com/ForeMankind/)
- Include “Golf #ForeMankind Day” on your social media posts
Thank you for supporting Mankind. The board looks forward to your participation on Friday, June 26th! To learn more about the mission and background of Mankind, read: Giving with a Passion for Mankind in Frisco or visit foremankind.org.