This Friday fall comes to Frisco and we’ve got plenty of things to do. Coffee with your legislator, Frisco Tech Talks, the 16th Annual Mother Son dance, and tons of live music… all This Week in Frisco!
Tuesday, September 19
Business & Entrepreneurship
Coffee with Your Collin County Legislator – Join us from 8am to 9:30am at the Frisco Chamber for an informal Question and Answer time with Collin County’s Senator Van Taylor & Representative Justin Holland. This event is open to the public. Coffee will be served. Frisco Chamber of Commerce, 6843 Main Street, Frisco 75034
Shopping & Dining
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays – Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play – The COOP Frisco
- $2 ZiegenBock $2 Pink Lemonade and Vodka all day until 7pm – Nola Grill Frisco
- $2 Bartender’s Choice – The Roots Bar
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn – POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
$2.50 Cake Pops – Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2 Domestic Bottles, Monday to Friday 4pm to 7pm – Jakes Uptown
- $2 Thai Iced Teas, Strawberry Lemonades & virgin Pineapple Margaritas – Best Thai
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) – barre3 Frisco
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission – William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla.
- **Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, September 20
Business & Entrepreneurship
Frisco Chamber of Commerce: Frisco Tech Talks – From 7:30am to 12:30pm, the Frisco Chamber of Commerce has partnered with Scheef & Stone, LLP to bring you Frisco Tech Talks, a technology summit, presented by HCL Technologies. Keynote speakers will be Charlie Vogt, CEO of Imagine Communications, and Aaron Thibault, Vice President of Strategic Operations for Gearbox Software. We also have two panels who will discuss “Preparing the 21st Century Workforce” and “Cybersecurity – Friend or Foe of Your Business.” The event will take place at Collin College – Preston Ridge Campus in Frisco.
Thursday, September 21
Junior League of Collin County Membership Information Session – Junior League of Collin County offers information sessions year-round for prospective members to learn about the Junior League’s mission, community programs, and requirements as well as meet current members. Each year women from across the Collin County area embark on a journey to serve their communities and develop their own leadership potential through the Junior League of Collin County (JLCC). One unique characteristic of the JLCC is the diversity of its membership with ages ranging from 21 to 80+. Women are invited to join at any life stage and serves as an excellent conduit to acclimate to the community, especially for newcomers to Collin County. Junior League of Collin County office – 5805 Coit Road #301, Plano, TX 75093.
Droo’s Peace Crush performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Friday, September 22 – FIRST DAY OF FALL
Kids & Family
Big Orange Pumpkin Farm – From September 15th through November 22nd, 8am to 8pm, the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm at Preston Trail Farms provides visitors with a chance to experience blossoming small green pumpkins right on the vine, hayrides, a 6-foot hay maze, a farm train, and a petting farm for a taste of the country life. The Preston Trail Farms Café offers delicious meals for breakfast and lunch from Monday through Wednesday and for breakfast, lunch and dinner Thursday – Sunday. Gift items, toys and books are available in the Preston Trail Farms General Store (and so much more!) Weekday Admission (Monday – Friday) is $8 per person for those over 2 years of age. This includes: one pie pumpkin, feed for the petting barn, a hayride, the roping pen and the hay maze. Weekend Admission (Saturday –Sunday) is $10 per person for those over 2 years of age. This includes: the farm train, a hot dog, feed for the petting barn, a free hayride, the roping pen and the hay maze.
Joe Van Zant & the Texas Bluetones perform Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Zen & Tonic performs Live – 9pm at The Frisco Bar.
Saturday, September 23
Kids & Family
16th Annual Mother Son Dance – It’s time for the annual Mother Son Dance at the Frisco Conference Center. Tickets are $17 (per person) for Frisco residents and $20 (per person) for nonresidents. Tickets are available for two dance times:
- 5:30 – 7 p.m., ages 4 – 7
- 7:30 – 9 p.m., ages 8 – 12
Frisco Rotary Farmers’ Market – Pay a visit to the Frisco Farmers Market, located on 4th Street in Historic Downtown Frisco, just between Main and Elm Streets. Every Saturday through October 21st, from 8am to 1pm or “sell out.”
Movie Night at Chick-Fil-A – Bring the kiddos in their favorite PJ’s and come watch the animated movie “Sing” hosted by Frisco Arts! From 7pm to 9pm, only at the Chick-Fil-A, 5211 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco 75033. Sports & Entertainment
Sunday, September 24
Joey Salvia performs Live – 1pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
What MOVES You?
Luxury developer Bob Thompson has unveiled a masterpiece in this magnificent custom estate! Inside is the pinnacle of splendor and luxury. Lovely study with extensive mahogany millwork including hidden storage spaces, wet bars, grand dining, first floor gameroom, stone fireplace, chef’s kitchen with granite, dual dishwashers, sinks and ovens, built-in… (find out more!)
Gorgeous Drees built home in golf course community in Wakeland zone. Exquisite millwork granite plantation shutters and hand-scraped hardwoods. Grand entrance with curved staircase and open foyer leading to a handsome executive office with built-in storage. Large gourmet kitchen built to entertain large island solid wood cabinets recessed and under cabinet lighting walk-in pantry abundant counter and cabinet space. Spacious family room with lots of… (find out more!) WATCH THE DRONE VIDEO!
Gorgeous home adjacent to Cottonwood Creek Park in highly desired Wakeland zone. Granite, plantation shutters, and hardwood floors throughout. Gourmet kitchen featuring a large island with wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances, electric cooktop also plumbed for gas, and butler’s pantry with separate built-ins. The move-in ready home offers a study a game room, a media room with… (find out more!) WATCH THE DRONE VIDEO!
Deals & Discounts
- FriscoRX Pharmacy: Get your seasonal flu shot. Usually $0 with insurance and only $28.99 cash price at Frisco Rx.
- PogoPass: If you’re looking for things to keep the kids busy in the last month before school starts back up get a $124.95 PogoPass for NOW ONLY $39.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
- Hair Care: If your hair could use a little anti-aging help, get a COMPLIMENTARY personalized recommendation from Lisa Stubbs with Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care.
- Planning a move? Two Men and a Truck offer lower rates Monday – Wednesday.
- Homewatch Caregivers: Do you have a loved one that needs care? Call today to schedule your complimentary in-home evaluation to determine the unique needs of each of your loved ones.
- Jungle Joe’s: Monday – Thursday get in for 1/2 off in the Month of September!
GET READY FOR:
- “Crimes of the Heart” by Theatre Frisco – Opening Friday, September 29th, “Crimes of the Heart” is a Broadway play, the winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the New York Drama Critics Circle Award and then a movie starring Diane Keaton, Jessica Lange and Cissy Spacek. There will be 5 evening shows and 5 matinees from Sept. 29th through Oct. 15th.
- Shawnee Trail Cowboy Day – Saturday, September 30th, from 11am to 4pm, Round ’em Up and Head ’em Out to Shawnee Trail Cowboy Day! Come see what life was like for the cowboys along the Shawnee Trail. The day-long event offers something for everyone and all the buildings in the Heritage Center will be open, so come inside and take a look.
- CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow Returns – From October 6th to 8th, The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) returns for a “Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow” during this weekend at Dallas Executive Airport (DEA) presented by Frost Bank. The inaugural event in 2016 attracted more than 19,000 visitors from 32 US states, attracted by spectacular flying demonstrations, battle reenactments, WWII veteran appearances, living history encampments, hands-on family activities, aircraft rides, cockpit tours and more. Plans for this year’s show include a 75th anniversary commemoration of the Doolittle Raid, the heroic US counterattack on Japan after Pearl Harbor. A flying reenactment of the Raid will combine eight B-25 bombers, spectacular pyrotechnics, sound effects and narration into a pulsating history lesson. The guest of honor will be Texas native Dick Cole, who at age 101 is the last surviving Doolittle Raider. Tickets are on sale at www.wingsoverdallas.org with advance purchase discounts available. Rides are also available through the website in numerous WWII aircraft.
- Camp Craig Allen Amateur BBQ Cook Off & Music Fest – On Friday, October 6th, and Saturday, October 7th, in Toyota Stadium. 100% of proceeds from our annual BBQ Cook-off goes toward programs and operations of Camp Craig Allen, 501(c)3. Without their dedicated partners, sponsors, volunteers, teams, vendors and help from the public, we would not be able to meet the needs of hundreds of individuals and families living with the challenges of physical disabilities.
- Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk presented by Frisco Arts – On Saturday, October 7th, Frisco Association for the Arts (Frisco Arts) will present the Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk on Saturday, Oct. 7th, from 12:00pm – 7:00pm at HALL Park. Frisco Arts Walk is a free, immersive arts experience celebrating Frisco’s citywide art in public spaces. Frisco Arts Walk takes place at HALL Park among the Texas Sculpture Garden, the largest private collection of Texas sculptures ever assembled and made available to the public. Free admission, activities, and parking. Food trucks and vendors accept cash or credit. Paid valet available.
- 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival – On Friday, October 13th, and Saturday, October 14th, in City Hall. Get ready to be surprised and delighted! The 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival will feature stories with humor, honesty, and a lot of heart told by nationally-renowned artists for three days right here in Frisco. Don’t miss it!
- BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND Announce 2017 Runaway Train Tour – On Saturday, October 21st, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band will launch their 2017 North American Tour on August 24 and includes a tour date at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX on Saturday October 21. Bob Seger fan club members will have special access to purchase tickets in advance on the Tuesday before each scheduled on-sale. To become a Bullet Club member, visit BobSeger.com. Tickets can be purchased at BobSeger.com and LiveNation.com. Special guest includes Nancy Wilson of Heart on select dates.
- Friscovania – On Saturday, October 21st, from 4pm-9 pm at Toyota Stadium, enjoy a family-friendly Halloween extravaganza full of frights and fun. Designated the Mayor’s Safe Trick-Or-Treat Zone, Friscovania features a haunted carnival for kids, live music, entertainment and a wicked runway show with some of the biggest names in fashion. Proceeds from the event benefit City House. $10 Per Person, Children under 2 are free, Parking is free.
- 7th Annual Trick or Treat the Square – On Sunday, October 29th, from 1pm to 4pm, come dressed in your best costume & trick or treat at some of your favorite restaurants, shops & businesses at Frisco Square! For ages 12 and under, enjoy a petting zoo, face painters, balloon artists, horse-drawn wagon rides, a pooch parade/costume contest & dog adoption sponsored by Mazie’s Mission, and more!