Break out your mums, Frisco… We’re falling for fall. This week we’ve got soccer, live music, an opening night at the theatre, and a multi-course cycling event. Just a few of the things happening around town… all This Week in Frisco!
Tuesday, September 26
Shopping & Dining
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays – Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play – The COOP Frisco
- $2 ZiegenBock $2 Pink Lemonade and Vodka all day until 7pm – Nola Grill Frisco
- $2 Bartender’s Choice – The Roots Bar
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn – POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
$2.50 Cake Pops – Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2 Domestic Bottles, Monday to Friday 4pm to 7pm – Jakes Uptown
- $2 Thai Iced Teas, Strawberry Lemonades & virgin Pineapple Margaritas – Best Thai
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) – barre3 Frisco
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission – William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla.
- **Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, September 27
Business & Entrepreneurship
1 Million Cups, Frisco – Join the 1MC Frisco team as they deliver another great event for Entrepreneurs. Learn what it looks like to build a business from the Founder’s perspective. Make sure you’re ready to participate as the Q and A section begins. Also, they’ll have a 90 second community spotlight section where they highlight current or upcoming programs in Collin County.
Sports & Entertainment
FC Dallas vs. Colorado Rapids – Match starts at 7pm in Toyota Stadium.
Sophia Annello performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Thursday, September 28
Freddy Bozas & Rachael Stacy perform Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Friday, September 29
“Crimes of the Heart” by Theatre Frisco – Opening tonight, “Crimes of the Heart” is a Broadway play, the winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the New York Drama Critics Circle Award and then a movie starring Diane Keaton, Jessica Lange and Cissy Spacek. There will be 5 evening shows and 5 matinees from Sept. 29th through Oct. 15th.
DJ Jimbo perform Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Evil Twin performs Live – 9pm at The Frisco Bar.
Saturday, September 30
Kids & Family
Shawnee Trail Cowboy Day – From 11am to 4pm, Round ’em Up and Head ’em Out to Shawnee Trail Cowboy Day! Come see what life was like for the cowboys along the Shawnee Trail for only $5. The day-long event offers something for everyone and all the buildings in the Heritage Center will be open, so come inside and take a look.
Frisco Rotary Farmers’ Market – Pay a visit to the Frisco Farmers Market, located on 4th Street in Historic Downtown Frisco, just between Main and Elm Streets. Every Saturday through October 21st, from 8am to 1pm or “sell out.”
Telangana Peoples Association of Dallas: Bathukamma & Dasara Sambaralu 2017 – Telangana Peoples association of Dallas (TPAD) invites you and your friends and family to attend Mega Bathukamma & Dasara Sambaralu-2017 on Saturday September 30th in Dr. Pepper Arena, Frisco. Event Schedule:
12:00 PM – 4:30 PM: DFW Cultural Talent
4:30 PM – Midnight: Bathukamma-Dasara/Durga & Jammi Puja/Musical Bonanza
Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo – The Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo is a premier, multi-course cycling event designed for the professional to the weekend rider. It includes a timed race for the 100-mile course with a cash purse. The Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo will launch from Dr Pepper Ballpark at 5:30am and includes a post-race party with a beer garden, live entertainment, family activities and more. All proceeds from the Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo go to Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities, a 501c3 nonprofit charity that creates and funds unique experiences and educational opportunities for underserved youth.
Sunday, October 1
Trey Allen Band performs Live – 1pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
What MOVES You?
Gorgeous Drees built home in golf course community in Wakeland zone. Exquisite millwork granite plantation shutters and hand-scraped hardwoods. Grand entrance with curved staircase and open foyer leading to a handsome executive office with built-in storage. Large gourmet kitchen built to entertain large island solid wood cabinets recessed and under cabinet lighting walk-in pantry abundant counter and cabinet space. Spacious family room with lots of… (find out more!) WATCH THE DRONE VIDEO!
Gorgeous home adjacent to Cottonwood Creek Park in highly desired Wakeland zone. Granite, plantation shutters, and hardwood floors throughout. Gourmet kitchen featuring a large island with wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances, electric cooktop also plumbed for gas, and butler’s pantry with separate built-ins. The move-in ready home offers a study a game room, a media room with… (find out more!) WATCH THE DRONE VIDEO!
Impressive move in ready 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 story brick home in the heart of Frisco close to dining, shopping and award winning schools. Appreciate wood floors in foyer, study, dining and family room. Open floor plan. Study with French doors makes great 2nd living or home gym. Island kitchen with Corian counters, gas cooktop range, lots of cabinets and… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
- FriscoRX Pharmacy: Get your seasonal flu shot. Usually $0 with insurance and only $28.99 cash price at Frisco Rx.
- PogoPass: If you’re looking for things to keep the kids busy in the last month before school starts back up get a $124.95 PogoPass for NOW ONLY $39.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
- Hair Care: If your hair could use a little anti-aging help, get a COMPLIMENTARY personalized recommendation from Lisa Stubbs with Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care.
- Planning a move? Two Men and a Truck offer lower rates Monday – Wednesday.
- Homewatch Caregivers: Do you have a loved one that needs care? Call today to schedule your complimentary in-home evaluation to determine the unique needs of each of your loved ones.
- Jungle Joe’s: Monday – Thursday get in for 1/2 off in the Month of September!
GET READY FOR:
- CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow Returns – From October 6th to 8th, The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) returns for a “Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow” during this weekend at Dallas Executive Airport (DEA) presented by Frost Bank. The inaugural event in 2016 attracted more than 19,000 visitors from 32 US states, attracted by spectacular flying demonstrations, battle reenactments, WWII veteran appearances, living history encampments, hands-on family activities, aircraft rides, cockpit tours and more. Plans for this year’s show include a 75th anniversary commemoration of the Doolittle Raid, the heroic US counterattack on Japan after Pearl Harbor. A flying reenactment of the Raid will combine eight B-25 bombers, spectacular pyrotechnics, sound effects and narration into a pulsating history lesson. The guest of honor will be Texas native Dick Cole, who at age 101 is the last surviving Doolittle Raider. Tickets are on sale at www.wingsoverdallas.org with advance purchase discounts available. Rides are also available through the website in numerous WWII aircraft.
- Camp Craig Allen Amateur BBQ Cook Off & Music Fest – On Friday, October 6th, and Saturday, October 7th, in Toyota Stadium. 100% of proceeds from our annual BBQ Cook-off goes toward programs and operations of Camp Craig Allen, 501(c)3. Without their dedicated partners, sponsors, volunteers, teams, vendors and help from the public, we would not be able to meet the needs of hundreds of individuals and families living with the challenges of physical disabilities.
- Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk presented by Frisco Arts – On Saturday, October 7th, Frisco Association for the Arts (Frisco Arts) will present the Second Annual Frisco Arts Walk on Saturday, Oct. 7th, from 12:00pm – 7:00pm at HALL Park. Frisco Arts Walk is a free, immersive arts experience celebrating Frisco’s citywide art in public spaces. Frisco Arts Walk takes place at HALL Park among the Texas Sculpture Garden, the largest private collection of Texas sculptures ever assembled and made available to the public. Free admission, activities, and parking. Food trucks and vendors accept cash or credit. Paid valet available.
- THE STAR TO HOST COWBOYS PLAZA PARTY – On Saturday, October 7th, from 4pm to 7pm, Cowboys Plaza Party presented by AT&T before most Dallas Cowboys home games this season on Tostitos Championship Plaza at The Star in Frisco. Fans can enjoy a festive game weekend atmosphere featuring a live DJ, contests & giveaways, autographs from Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, Dallas Cowboys alumni and Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers, inflatables and more! Admission and parking are free.
- Sip. Shop. Stroll – On Thursday, October 12th, from 5pm to 9pm, Historic Downtown Frisco. Get your friends together and head to the heart of downtown Frisco for some live music and shopping! Get some great discounts and gifts from your favorite places in Frisco including Lillian Welch, Blue Door Boutique, Bittersweet Ivy, Twisted Simplicity, Sunny Paige Frisco, House of Hadley Kate, Summer Moon and eight11place.
- 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival – On Friday, October 13th, and Saturday, October 14th, in City Hall. Get ready to be surprised and delighted! The 14th Annual Lone Star Storytelling Festival will feature stories with humor, honesty, and a lot of heart told by nationally-renowned artists for three days right here in Frisco. Don’t miss it!
- BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND Announce 2017 Runaway Train Tour – On Saturday, October 21st, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band will launch their 2017 North American Tour on August 24 and includes a tour date at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX on Saturday, October 21. Bob Seger fan club members will have special access to purchase tickets in advance on the Tuesday before each scheduled on-sale. To become a Bullet Club member, visit BobSeger.com. Tickets can be purchased at BobSeger.com and LiveNation.com. Special guest includes Nancy Wilson of Heart on select dates.
- Friscovania – On Saturday, October 21st, from 4pm-9 pm at Toyota Stadium, enjoy a family-friendly Halloween extravaganza full of frights and fun. Designated the Mayor’s Safe Trick-Or-Treat Zone, Friscovania features a haunted carnival for kids, live music, entertainment and a wicked runway show with some of the biggest names in fashion. Proceeds from the event benefit City House. $10 Per Person, Children under 2 are free, Parking is free.
- Texas Legends to Host Annual LIVE DRAFT Party at Strikz – On Saturday, October 21st, starting at 11:30am, The Texas Legends announced today that the team will host the annual live draft party at Strikz Entertainment in Frisco for the third consecutive year. Players selected in the Draft will join returning Legends, Mavericks affiliate players, players whose Draft rights are held by the Mavericks, and local tryout standouts to form the training camp roster. Legends fans will get a behind-the-scenes look at the “War Room” as Legends’ Owner Donnie Nelson, Head Coach Bob MacKinnon, and the basketball operations staff piece together the 2017-18 roster. Autographs and photo opportunities with Legends front office and dancers.
- 7th Annual Trick or Treat the Square – On Sunday, October 29th, from 1pm to 4pm, come dressed in your best costume & trick or treat at some of your favorite restaurants, shops & businesses at Frisco Square! Presented by Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Trick or Treat the Square will be held on October 29, 2017 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. For ages 12 and under, enjoy a petting zoo, face painters, balloon artists, horse-drawn wagon rides, a pooch parade/costume contest & dog adoption sponsored by Mazie’s Mission, and more!