Happy Halloween, Frisco! It’s a SPOOKtacular week! Cowboys season is in full swing, there’s a pop-up art night in the Star, a chili fest, and a “how to say no” workshop. Don’t forget that you and your kids have options when it comes to Trick-Or-Treating… Be on the lookout for Teal Pumpkins on porches. We’ve got tons of fun all This Week in Frisco!
Monday, October 23
The Cowboys Hour – Hosted by Brad Sham and Jeff Cavanaugh, live from the patio at Omni Frisco Hotel, Monday nights from 6pm to 7pm. Listen locally on 105.3 FM The Fan or 1080AM KRLD. On-site prizes and promotions.
Free Acting Workshop by Frisco Youth Theater – Designed to develop acting skills in specific areas, these free monthly workshops will benefit actors of all experience levels. Topics include monologues, voice and diction, characterization, and physical acting. Come explore a different topic each month and be introduced to the exciting world of theater. 6pm to 7pm at Power House of Dance – Frisco, 10850 Frisco Street. Grades: Ages 6-14.
Tuesday, October 24
Say YES to “No” Without Guilt – Do you have difficulty saying “no?” Find yourself overcommitted? Having no time for the things you love to do? Wanting to avoid phone calls from certain people? What this workshop will entail: We’ll talk through why you feel the need to say “yes” to everything; Add up where all your time is really going; Learn some key phrases on how to say “no” in a way that removes the guilt; Ways to delegate and say “YES” to more time for the things you love.From 8:30am to 10:30am, at Jungle Joe’s. Register NOW to save your seat!
Reader’s Choice Book Club – For adults, ages 18+, in 3rd floor, a book club at Frisco Public Library that explores and discusses quality fiction and nonfiction in all genres. All are welcome to join the online discussions as well as attend the meetings on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the library. Join the conversation on GoodReads!
“Off With The Helmets – Cowboys” Radio Show – Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar, located at The Star in Frisco, will play host to live “Off with the Helmets Cowboys” radio show this football season. Emcee Brady Tinker and current Cowboys players will be on site at Tupelo Honey each show to discuss the current football season live on ESPN 103.3 FM. Featured players will include La’El Collins, Brice Butler and Jaylon Smith, as well as surprise guests featured throughout the season.
Shopping & Dining
- $2 off one (1) supplement of your choice when you mention $2sdays at Functional Health Center at Frisco Square
- $2.50 Cannoli at Pizzeria Testa
- $2 off admission price for open play at The COOP Frisco
- $2 2-POP original or a Half-POP #1 Season Popcorn at POParella’s Gourmet Popcorn & Treats
- $2.50 Cake Pops at Fluellen Cupcakes
- $2.50 Domestic Bottles Monday-Friday 4-7 PM Only at Jakes Uptown
- $2 off the drop in class rate of $23 (any Tuesday Class, Purchase in studio, $21 per person) at barre3 Frisco.
- $2 home warranty when you buy from WDR or 2% listing side commission at William Davis Realty – Ask for Suzanne or Marla
- **Offers good at participating locations and may change without notice. All offers exclude sales tax. Sales tax will be included where applicable.**
Wednesday, October 25
Business & Entrepreneurship
1 Million Cups, Frisco – Join the 1MC Frisco team as they deliver another great event for Entrepreneurs. Learn what it looks like to build a business from the Founder’s perspective. Make sure you’re ready to participate when the Q and A section begins. Also, they’ll have a 90-second community spotlight section where they highlight current or upcoming programs.
“What Startups Need to Know About IP…But Don’t Know What to Ask” – Tom Kulik, Technology & Intellectual Property Partner at Scheef & Stone, L.L.P., will walk you through, “What Startups Need to Know About IP…But Don’t Know What to Ask.” This is a presentation on the fundamental types of intellectual property and how they impact startup businesses. Beginning startups get a lot of advice about IP from a lot of places, but it isn’t always accurate or applicable to their business. This presentation helps clarify IP and will dispel myths about it, so startups can ask the right questions. If you’re an entrepreneur this is for you! 6pm to 7pm in the Frisco Chamber of Commerce, 6843 Main Street.
Thursday, October 26
Pop-Up ART Night at The Star – From 7pm to 9pm at the Lincoln Experience Center at the Star, you can view and purchase the work created LIVE during the Frisco Arts Walk earlier this month by our talented local artists! Additional pieces available for purchase as well; 50% of sales benefit Frisco Arts. Bring a friend to enjoy dessert and wine while supporting the arts! Open to the public; please RSVP to Barbara@friscoarts.org. Lincoln Experience Center at the Star, 3620 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1205.
Joey Salvia performs Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Friday, October 27
Big Day Out at The Star: Luncheon Benefitting The Turning Point – At 11:30am, please join us for a luncheon with Dale Hansen and Greg Willis. All proceeds will benefit The Turning Point Rape Crisis Center whose mission is to provide counseling, education, and advocacy for those impacted by sexual violence in our community. Tickets from $75 and limited sponsorships from $500. If you can’t attend, please bid in their online silent auction starting October 23rd. Omni Frisco Hotel, 11 Cowboys Way.
Quinten Hope Band for Project Homeless – Expedition Frisco presents a “Night of Community” with the Quinten Hope Band. Adult beverages available and donations accepted. All proceeds and donations go to Project Warm Us, an organization that collects clothing and blankets for the homeless. Come hear great music and support a great cause! This event is FREE and open to the public! 9073 Berkshire Drive.
Zuriel Merek performs Live – 9pm at The Frisco Bar.
Matthew Bell and the Next of Kin perform Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Saturday, October 28
Kids & Family
Frisco Education Foundation Gary Burns Frisco 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk – Frisco Education Foundation’s major fundraiser and host to over 6,000 runners, walkers and volunteers participating at Toyota Stadium. At 8am, the one-mile fun run/walk and 5K certified race is the largest fundraiser of the year for the Foundation, which supports Frisco ISD through educational programs, student scholarships and grants for innovative educators.
COMET FEST Chili & Craft Brew Festival – From 11am to 4pm, enjoy a chili, beer, and live music festival with free chili tastings, beers for sale, commemorative tasting glass, and a VIP section to taste 6 beers brewed by UTD Alumni Brewers. Chili competition coordinated by the Texas Chefs Association. Tickets are $15 and $30. COOKING SHOWDOWN with Jennifer Bajsel from “Beat Bobby Flay” and Frisco’s own Tara O’Donnell, winner of “Chopped Junior.”
Celebrate Halloween at the National Videogame Museum – Get into the Halloween spirit this October by visiting the National Videogame Museum (NVM) in Frisco, Texas. From 10am to 8pm, play spooky games on many consoles and computers all month, and join the museum’s Halloween party for complimentary trick-or-treating and cosplay costume contests. Gamers of all ages are welcome to participate. 8004 Dallas Parkway. Admission: $12; $10 for children 10 and under, as well as for military, educators, seniors (Valid ID required upon purchase of military, educators and seniors tickets.) Costume contest entrants get 50% off admission!
Frightful Breakfast Feast – Enjoy Dave & Buster’s breakfast buffet and a spooky Halloween Costume contest! Forgot your mask? No problem. They will have an onsite face painter! Ticket Options: $17.50 per person comes with Breakfast Buffet, costume contest, and facepainting! $25.00 per person comes with all of the above plus $10 power card and *unlimited simulated video game play in addition to our breakfast buffet. Breakfast Buffet to include: Scrambled eggs, sausage, applewood smoked bacon, oven-roasted potatoes, fresh fruit, warm bagels with cream cheese, assorted mini muffins, and assorted juices. Dave & Buster’s, 2601 Preston Road.
10th Anniversary Celebration, Frisco Athletic Center – From 9am to 11am in Frisco Athletic Center, come and celebrate our 10th year of fitness and #FriscoFun. Donate a pair of new or used athletic shoes or new socks and receive a commemorative 10th Anniversary t-shirt. Items benefit Frisco Family Services. Summer Moon Coffee, Raising Cane’s iced tea and lemonade, and KIND bars by Market Street in lobby. Strike a #FriscoStrong pose at our selfie station on the fitness floor. You may even meet Mayor Jeff Cheney and Councilman Bill Woodward! Frisco Athletic Center, 5828 Nancy Jane Lane.
“GETTING IN” at Frisco Public Library – From 3pm to 4pm, for Grades 6 – 12, get the inside scoop on the college admissions process with Guru Academic Advising. No registration required. 4th floor, McCallum Room.
American Cheer Power “Halloween Holiday Championship” – From 10am to 10pm in Dr. Pepper Arena,
Evil Twin performs Live – 9pm at The Frisco Bar.
City House Jam with DYA Band perform Live – 7pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Sunday, October 29
Kids & Family
7th Annual Trick or Treat the Square – From 1pm to 4pm, come dressed in your best costume & trick or treat at some of your favorite restaurants, shops & businesses at Frisco Square! Presented by Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Trick or Treat the Square will be held on October 29, 2017 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. For ages 12 and under, enjoy a petting zoo, face painters, balloon artists, horse-drawn wagon rides, a pooch parade/costume contest & dog adoption sponsored by Mazie’s Mission, and more!
Sports & Entertainment
MOVIE NIGHT: “Ghostbusters” – 9pm at The Frisco Bar.
Droo performs Live – 1pm at the Frisco Rail Yard.
Zuriel Merek performs Live – 9pm at The Frisco Bar.
What MOVES You?
Beautiful Drees built home in golf course community in Wakeland zone. Exquisite millwork granite plantation shutters and hand-scraped hardwoods. Grand entrance with curved staircase and open foyer leading to a handsome executive office with built-in storage. Large gourmet kitchen built to entertain large island solid wood cabinets recessed and under cabinet lighting walk-in pantry abundant counter and cabinet space. Spacious family room with lots of… (find out more!) WATCH THE DRONE VIDEO!
Inspired by the glorious chateaus of France this Estate boasts a sophisticated and luxurious retreat that reflects that magical merging of inspiration and architecture. Spanning over 7500 SF of masterful design and modern luxury that is uniquely embodied in this opulent property. Boasting 4-bedrooms, 4 full baths and 2 half baths, home theatre, salt water negative edge pool-spa surrounded by… (find out more!)
This gorgeous home features over 2100 square feet, 3 bedroom with study with large family room. Open to an AMAZING kitchen with granite, 42 inch cabinets, and over 16 feet of counter tops provide lots of workspace, plus island and gas cooktop. Backing to a greenbelt with walking trails, the backyard has great views, a covered patio, and lots of room for entertaining. Inside, the family room has… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
- ReNue Pharmacy: 10% off dietary supplements.
- UP Inspired Kitchen: Don’t miss their Bullet Proof coffee brews or our signature UP Cakes.
- Vitality Bowls: Special of the Month – Pumpkin Bowl and Pumpkin Latte.
- Jungle Joe’s: Friday’s Kid’s Eat for Free 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM!
- Homewatch Caregivers: Do you have a loved one that needs care? Call today to schedule your complimentary in-home evaluation to determine the unique needs of each of your loved ones.
- PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for NOW ONLY $39.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this fall including the Texas Legends games, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, National Videogame Museum, Strikz Bowling & Games, and more!
- Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care: If your hair could use a little anti-aging help, get a COMPLIMENTARY personalized recommendation from Lisa Stubbs with Monat Anti-Aging Hair Care.
- Two Men and a Truck offer lower rates Monday – Wednesday.
- FriscoRX Pharmacy: Get your seasonal flu shot. Usually $0 with insurance and only $28.99 cash price at Frisco Rx.
GET READY FOR:
- 2nd Annual Frisco Book Fest – On Saturday, November 4th, from 1pm to 5pm at the Frisco Public Library, this festival is for readers AND writers! Guests will have a chance to talk to local authors and illustrators, attend author panels, and learn more about the publishing process. Community partners, including Henery Press and the Writers Garret, will be on hand to offer valuable information on a number of outlets for authors.
- ‘Neath the Wreath Holiday Gift Market – November 9-12, at the Plano Event Center. Over twelve thousand shoppers join in holiday gift shopping during the Junior League of Collin County’s annual event. Kicking off the 22nd year, this five-day holiday market features the best in unique holiday and home décor, ladies clothing and accessories, gifts, jewelry, children’s items and gourmet food from over 100 carefully selected merchants. The week kicks off with the wildly popular Ladies Night Out, featuring the opportunity to pre-shop ‘Neath the Wreath, enjoy sips and bites, and indulge in a silent auction.
- Frisco Community Parade – on November 11, 2017 at 10am, to mark Veterans Day and to celebrate community pride. The parade features floats, school marching bands, high school football teams, cheerleaders, scouts, civic organizations, youth sports teams, Frisco-based professional sports teams, and local businesses. Beginning at 10 a.m., parade participants will leave Toyota Stadium, traveling east on Main Street through historic downtown before finishing at North County Road. The Parade is a collaboration between the City of Frisco, Frisco Independent School District, Frisco Chamber of Commerce, and the Frisco Veterans Advisory Committee.
- Christmas In The Square 2017 – Starting November 18th and running through January 3, 2018, Frisco Square Property Owners Association and NBC5, proudly present Christmas in the Square at Frisco Square which opens with Skate the Square. The “Christmas in the Square Light Show” will be open nightly from 6:00pm – 10:00pm. Due to the overwhelming popularity and growth of CITS, Frisco Square Property Owners Association is offering big and small businesses, non-profits, and those with a creative holiday flare the opportunity to have a 10’ x 10’ booth during the event night, December 16, 2017. We suggest those with a special holiday give away, game, treat, or performance visit www.friscosquare.com/cits to fill out an application to become a part of this wonderful Frisco Square tradition.