When you hear the phrase “New Year’s Resolution,” what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Fitness goals, right? How many diet and fitness commercials have you seen lately? My mailbox is overflowing with ads for health clubs.
Getting in shape is an important goal, and certainly worthwhile. But Lifestyle Frisco has another spin on New Year’s Resolutions for you: the Frisco, Texas edition! This year, resolve to get out and enjoy everything our great city has to offer. With new residents moving in all the time, resolve to be Frisco savvy and know the ins and outs of our fantastic city.
- Have you attended a game at each of our local team venues? Games are affordable and family-friendly, and also make for a fun date night. Our stadiums and arenas are state-of-the-art and located near some of the best restaurants and nightlife in Frisco. FC Dallas, Texas Legends, Frisco Rough Riders.
- Resolve to give back to our community. Be a servant and volunteer at one of the many fantastic organizations in our area who are making an impact in the lives of others. To name a few: Frisco Family Services, Miracle League of Frisco, and The Rotary Club of Frisco.
- Check out the best burgers in town! This year we published the results of our battle for the best burger in Frisco. In 2015, visit each of the top 10 winners, and decide for yourself who is the best.
- Sign up for a class offered by Frisco Parks and Recreation. Take a fitness class, join an athletic league or develop a new hobby. The classes are generally short-term, allowing you to try new things and find your best fit. There is something for everyone, from toddlers to adults.
- Go green in 2015! Frisco’s residential recycling has historically been record-breaking, collecting 13,482 tons in 2013. (2014 stats are not yet available.) Our great city has proven its dedication to recycling, diverting 30% of our total waste from the landfill. If you’re not yet participating in our recycling program, resolve to get involved this year. Connect with Frisco Environmental Services to learn about the variety of options that support your interest in living clean and green this year: Curbside Recycling Collection, Composting, Community Outreach, Green Programs for Kids
- We all have our favorite restaurants that we visit often. This year, resolve to branch out and visit those popular spots you’ve heard about, but haven’t tried, yet. Frisco is loaded with casual, kid-friendly and fine dining options. Among them, Perry’s Steakhouse and Grille, Randy’s Steakhouse, Dodi’s Live and Pizzeria Testa. You may discover a new favorite in 2015.
- We can’t avoid that pesky, most popular resolution to get fit this year. The Frisco Athletic Center is a smart New Year’s investment, whether you sign on as an individual or a family. With 100,000 square feet of aquatics, gymnasiums and the latest fitness and weight equipment, the quality for your money can’t be beat. If you prefer something smaller, check out Fit Body Boot Camp, Full Throttle Athletics or NexGen Fitness. Why not resolve to get outdoors this year and cycle, hike or run across our impressive Parks and Trails system?
- Finally (and this is the easiest!): keep up-to-date with what’s happening in Frisco by having Lifestyle Frisco delivered straight to your inbox!
For more ideas about how to take advantage of our city, check out Lifestyle Frisco’s Bucket List!