It’s here, Frisco! Time to grab your piece of Tom Turkey and gobble ’til you wobble! Even though you’ll be wrapped up with family and friends today, there’s tons of activities kicking off the holiday season all this next week in Frisco.
From Lifestyle Frisco, we wish you a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Featured This Week: Grand Opening of Skate the Square
Frisco Square Property Owners Association also proudly presents Skate the Square Outdoor Ice Rink, which opens on Friday, November 25th and continues through January 1st. This real ice skating rink is 44 feet by 66 feet located at… (read more!)
Thursday, November 24 – THANKSGIVING DAY
“5th Annual North Texas Turkey Trot” – On Thanksgiving Day, this is the 5th year for the popular and growing family event in Frisco. The North Texas Turkey Trot offers a 10K trot, 5K trot, and a Miracle Mile for kids. Join thousands of participants who celebrate the holiday with grandparents, relatives, friends and their youngest who we look to see with their own families in the years ahead! 5500 Frisco Square Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034
Friday, November 25
“Christmas in the Square 2016” – From Friday, November 25th, through January 1, 2017, come see the lights fantastic from 6pm to 10pm daily. Christmas in the Square draws over 675,000 visitors annually. Families, friends and holiday guests from all over come and enjoy the spectacular show. Lights! Music! Snow! Tune in to radio station 107.3 FM because the Holiday lights are set to music is choreographed by Frisco’s own Jeff Trykoski (Illumimax LLC). With over 175,000 lights, 11.5 miles of wiring and 8 miles of extension cords, Christmas in the Square is unlike anything you have ever seen!
“Photos With Santa at Stonebriar Centre” – Through December 24th, make a reservation to see Santa and spend less time in line. Plus, save 30% on your photos by pre-ordering a package online. Visit before December 9 to save an extra $5. Reservations and photo purchases are not required to visit Santa.
Saturday, November 26
“Texas Legends vs. Salt Lake City Stars” – Tip off at 7:30pm in Dr. Pepper Arena… Get your Legends tickets now!
“Frisco Improv Players” – From 8-9pm, come enjoy a night of clean and interactive Improv experience in the Black Box Theatre, Frisco Discovery Center.Frisco Improv Players (FIP) is an improvisational comedy troupe based in Frisco, Texas. Founded in May 2012, FIP specializes in clean, interactive, game-based comedic performances, similar to those seen on the syndicated television show “Whose Line is it Anyway?”
“Breakfast With Santa, by Dave & Busters Stonebriar Centre” – Enjoy Breakfast with Santa, hosted by Dave & Buster’s Frisco. As a guest of the event, you will have access to Dave & Buster’s dining, as well as the Million Dollar Midway which is packed to the rafters with hundreds of games and simulators. Tickets must be purchased online. Seating will be provided and assigned upon group’s arrival. Tickets will be e-mailed following purchase and must be brought the day of the event. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Sunday, November 27
“Sugar Plum Fairy Tea” – From 3-5pm, enjoy a Nutcracker Parade of Characters, a riveting holiday story told by Clara’s Grandmother and a performance of excerpts from The Nutcracker Ballet performed by Collin County Ballet Theatre Youth Ensemble, along with a delightful tea party hosted by our very own Sugar Plum Fairy. Watch the joy on children’s faces as they delight in our specialty Nutcracker Boutique, Victorian era Carolers, as well as have their photo taken with the ballerinas and much more. Have a fabulous time with Collin County Ballet Theatre and create new memories. Buy your tickets today for this sell-out event! $40
Tuesday, November 29
“Disney’s Approach to Quality Service” – Collin Corporate College will host Disney Institute’s renowned professional development course, “Disney’s Approach to Quality Service,” from 8am to 4pm at the Collin College Preston Ridge Campus Conference Center, 9700 Wade Boulevard in Frisco. The one-day course will help area professionals begin to examine how they can differentiate their service to become a provider of choice and understand the processes necessary to develop a culture that consistently delivers that exceptional service.
“ARTITUDE: Art Appreciation Class” – Children and adults learn to express themselves authentically and freely through art while creating multiple paintings, drawings, collages and mixed media. Tuesdays 5:30-6:30pm and Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm. $20
What MOVES You?
Luxury at its finest in this gorgeous custom home! Featured in N.Texas Parade of Homes, this 4 bdrm, 3.5 bath has the quality and detail of a million + home. Gated entrance, mature trees, gourmet… (find out more!)
*Darling Homes* 3 beds + study/sun room, extensive hardwoods throughout the 1st floor. Bright, open with tall ceilings. Covered front porch with wall to ceiling windows adjacent to… (find out more!)
Gorgeously maintained 2-story home w-large covered front porch in a gated community near Lake Lewisville! Open concept floorplan with soaring entry, crown moldings & elegant lighting. Upgraded kitchen boasts… (find out more!)
Deals & Discounts
Soccer Parenting Virtual Summit: Get your Free Pass to the virtual summit happening the weekend of December 2nd. If you have a child that plays soccer at any level, don’t miss this online event. If you can’t make it that weekend, there are opportunities to get lifetime access all of the content plus get several bonuses.
PogoPass: Get a $124.95 PogoPass for ONLY $49.98 when you use code: FRISCO. You’ll have access to some of the most fun venues around town this summer including the Frisco RoughRiders, Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Fort Worth Zoo, Texas Discovery Gardens, and many, many more!
GET READY FOR:
- “26th Annual Frisco Merry Main Street” – On Saturday, December 3rd, see Santa’s arrival, lighting of the city of Frisco Christmas tree, a children’s holiday store, live reindeer, Santa’s Workshop, holiday treats, snowflake light show, horse-drawn carriage rides, and entertainment on three stages by Frisco Elementary Schools. 6pm is tree lighting in Simpson Plaza, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
- “Inaugural Frisco Holiday Home Tour benefitting Make-A-Wish® North Texas” – On Saturday, December 10th, the Inaugural Frisco Holiday Home Tour will take place from 11:00am to 6:00pm. Have you ever driven around Frisco and wondered what the inside of some of the beautiful homes look like? Well now is your chance! The first ever Frisco Holiday Home Tour will allow you to tour 6 gorgeous homes all decorated in full holiday splendor. The tour is self-guided, so you can drive yourself to each home at your leisure. The six homes are located throughout Frisco and include the neighborhoods of The Shores at Waterstone, Stonebriar Park, Newman Village and Country Club Ridge. In addition to touring the home, volunteers will be stationed throughout the tour to share some of the traditions and stories of each of the families. Tickets can be purchased for $35 online and all proceeds go directly to Make-A-Wish North Texas. There will be additional raffle items for purchase at each home.
- “11th Annual Frosty 5K & Merry Mile” – On Saturday, December 10th, in Simpson Plaza at City Hall, the City of Frisco Parks and Recreation Department will host the 11th Annual Frosty 5K and Merry Mile. The Merry Mile will start at 8:00am and the timed Frosty 5K will start at 8:30am. This is a wonderful family event in which an expected 2,000 people will participate. Register today for the 5K Individual, 5K Team, or Merry Mile!
- “Frisco Chorale’s Positively Christmas Concert” – On Saturday, December 10th, the performance includes favorite holiday selections such as “Deck the Halls,” “I Saw Three Ships,” and “The Twelve Days of Christmas.” 7-8pm Free. City Hall, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
- “Santa Comes to 4th Street” – On Sunday, December 18th, bring your chairs and blankets and join us for a community movie night! Take your picture with Santa, enjoy some food from the Rail Yard, and watch Home Alone with family and friends! The event will be held behind the Municipal Court Building, 6865 Main Street, Frisco TX 75034, at 5:30pm.
- “2016 Texas Legends Winter Basketball Camp” – On December 27, 28, and 29, come join theTexas Legends for exciting basketball action at this winter’s coolest youth basketball camp. Your child will learn a variety of skills and drills from the Texas Legends star-studded coaching staff including visits from celebrity guests and complimentary camp gifts. Sign up NOW!