Why can't people here park in parking spaces

Opus

Silver Member
We haven't had a good rant on here in a while. Why are there so many people here that feel like they don't have to follow the parking rules and park in the no parking zone at the front of the grocery stores just because it is cold outside and the rules don't apply to them. Was at Krogers recently and I couldn't drive down the road in front of the store because there were so many cars parked in the front of the store. Almost everyone was some dude playing a game on his phone waiting for his wife to do her shopping. What is even worse, these aren't just people running in for 1 or 2 items. I go in and do my shopping and come out and they are still there. Why can't they go sit in a real parking spot and have their wife text them when they are done. That is what my wife does. Wish the police would watch those places rather than Best Buy.

whatsthat

Diamond Member
I see it everywhere....not to mention it obstructs view of pedestrians leaving stores and walking to the parking lot. Was nearly run over in front of Costco last month while in the crosswalk area.

And I agree.......park and walk. A little exercise might do you well.

Another problem is cars jetting across parking spaces instead of driving down parking lanes. Some of these cars flying thru parking lots at a high rate of speed and not even driving within the parking aisles/lanes.

golfacct

Silver Member
Yep I never understood this. There is nothing wrong with waiting in a parking spot for your spouse to come out and then go pick them up in front but I even think that is a bit crazy.

Now that most places have order on line, why not do this. You order your items, pull into a parking spot, let them know you are there then they come to you. Doesn't get any lazier (oops) easier then that.

It is never cold enough in Texas that you cannot walk to and from your parked car. Unless you are disabled a walk is good for you. This is a pet peeve of mine. Park and walk like a normal person.

My son waited for bus this week in -1 actual temp -15 wind chill and he was just fine.

I see it everywhere....not to mention it obstructs view of pedestrians leaving stores and walking to the parking lot. Was nearly run over in front of Costco last month while in the crosswalk area.
At Costco I notice once people decide to pull out of their parking spots they don't turn the wheel enough on the leaving the parking spot and then you get to watch them put it in reverse and drive about 4 different times while they try to get the car headed in the right direction to leave.

Daily occurrence when I go there.