Why can't people here park in parking spaces

Opus

Silver Member
We haven't had a good rant on here in a while. Why are there so many people here that feel like they don't have to follow the parking rules and park in the no parking zone at the front of the grocery stores just because it is cold outside and the rules don't apply to them. Was at Krogers recently and I couldn't drive down the road in front of the store because there were so many cars parked in the front of the store. Almost everyone was some dude playing a game on his phone waiting for his wife to do her shopping. What is even worse, these aren't just people running in for 1 or 2 items. I go in and do my shopping and come out and they are still there. Why can't they go sit in a real parking spot and have their wife text them when they are done. That is what my wife does. Wish the police would watch those places rather than Best Buy.

whatsthat

Diamond Member
I see it everywhere....not to mention it obstructs view of pedestrians leaving stores and walking to the parking lot. Was nearly run over in front of Costco last month while in the crosswalk area.

And I agree.......park and walk. A little exercise might do you well.

Another problem is cars jetting across parking spaces instead of driving down parking lanes. Some of these cars flying thru parking lots at a high rate of speed and not even driving within the parking aisles/lanes.

golfacct

Silver Member
Yep I never understood this. There is nothing wrong with waiting in a parking spot for your spouse to come out and then go pick them up in front but I even think that is a bit crazy.

Now that most places have order on line, why not do this. You order your items, pull into a parking spot, let them know you are there then they come to you. Doesn't get any lazier (oops) easier then that.

It is never cold enough in Texas that you cannot walk to and from your parked car. Unless you are disabled a walk is good for you. This is a pet peeve of mine. Park and walk like a normal person.

My son waited for bus this week in -1 actual temp -15 wind chill and he was just fine.

I see it everywhere....not to mention it obstructs view of pedestrians leaving stores and walking to the parking lot. Was nearly run over in front of Costco last month while in the crosswalk area.
At Costco I notice once people decide to pull out of their parking spots they don't turn the wheel enough on the leaving the parking spot and then you get to watch them put it in reverse and drive about 4 different times while they try to get the car headed in the right direction to leave.

Daily occurrence when I go there.

I think many people have a similar issue and the spaces are never rules recompensing little mind to what they say. We generally go midnight when we have more shot at getting a space.

cyning

Looks a little odd how this thread popped up again from last month, but since it did...

Yes! Yes! Absolutely yes! I see this all the time, not just in Frisco, and it drives me crazy. How lazy/stupid/self-centered do you have to be to think it’s OK to create a safety hazard by refusing to park 50 feet further from the door?

Where’s a tow truck when you need one?

demvet

Bronze Member
My rant is towards the jerks that feel they need to back into a parking space instead of simply pulling in. Nothing more annoying or time consuming than watching some idiot slow everyone else down while he struggles to navigate his was in. Almost always a pick-up truck, too.

planomateo

Platinum Member
My rant is towards the jerks that feel they need to back into a parking space instead of simply pulling in. Nothing more annoying or time consuming than watching some idiot slow everyone else down while he struggles to navigate his was in. Almost always a pick-up truck, too.
LOL, this bothers you?!?!

Chris1771

Silver Member
I guess it wouldn't if people were able to do it as quickly as they can pull in, but, they can't, thusly, I am forced to wait while they suck at backing in.

Hitting close to home?
LOL I bet it does. I can't stand it either. Just pull in. If no one is around feel free to back in. Just seems like a crappy thing to make people wait for.

Me Me Me

Opus

Silver Member
I have a friend with a big Ford pickup. He always backs in to parking spots but it amazes me how fast he can do it. You would hate me when I'm driving my wife's Sequoia. I usually have to back up at least once when parking and that is going forward. I usually try to park out in the open area so I don't have to worry about it.

Opus

Silver Member
Different direction from OP but last Friday I had to stop in front of the firestation because the firetruck was leaving, plus the light in front had turned red. Some dude behind me actually honked at me for stopping. REALLY!

Chris1771

Silver Member
I have a friend with a big Ford pickup. He always backs in to parking spots but it amazes me how fast he can do it. You would hate me when I'm driving my wife's Sequoia. I usually have to back up at least once when parking and that is going forward. I usually try to park out in the open area so I don't have to worry about it.
Do it quickly - cool. But these folks that take over a minute of back and forth while people wait is pretty crappy.

Hey at least you recognize you take longer than normal and make an effort to park where no one is around. Unless you are one of those that park diagonal across spaces :eek:

kenny6

Gold Member
Really? If they pull in head first don't they eventually have to back out? So what's the difference? Back in or back out... Someone else will be waiting if they have to back out. I've had to sit and wait for people to back out like they don't know what they are doing as well.

Sounds like you are just being impatient. It's part of navigating a parking lot, people go in and out.

Opus

Silver Member
Do it quickly - cool. But these folks that take over a minute of back and forth while people wait is pretty crappy.

Hey at least you recognize you take longer than normal and make an effort to park where no one is around. Unless you are one of those that park diagonal across spaces :eek:
No, I keep it in the lines. Reminds me years ago when there was a guy at work that would park diagonal taking up several spaces. One day I parked right next to him diagonally. You should have seen his face when he left.

demvet

Bronze Member
Really? If they pull in head first don't they eventually have to back out? So what's the difference? Back in or back out... Someone else will be waiting if they have to back out. I've had to sit and wait for people to back out like they don't know what they are doing as well.

Sounds like you are just being impatient. It's part of navigating a parking lot, people go in and out.
The difference is that when backing out, 100% of people can do it in one shot. When backing in,the idiot gene seems to take over, and its a 3 to 4 point back in.

kenny6

Gold Member
The difference is that when backing out, 100% of people can do it in one shot. When backing in,the idiot gene seems to take over, and its a 3 to 4 point back in.
That's a completely false statement.

Like I said in my first post. I've had to sit there and watch people back out like they are totally lost many times.

MSJ

Triple Platinum
It's sometimes easier to back large vehicles like Suburbans, 4 door trucks etc.. into parking places and then pull out head first. Especially if the driver is experienced in using their side mirrors.