something scratching in the attic

occasionally very early in the morning I hear some scratching in the attic. I'm guessing a mouse or rat. I put a rat/mouse poison up in the attic today so not sure of results yet. Any other ideas? If I opt for an exterminator who do you recommend?

We bought the sticky pads from Home Depot and put them in the attic, we caught 2 and all was fine after that. We put them in various places, prob 10 of them.

van

Diamond Member
Don't do poison, unless you want a rotting carcass up there all summer. We had a couple of mice recently. I used the reusable traps, caught a couple. I've left the traps up there and keep changing cheese, but haven't had any since.

Go and have a look, you can usually find droppings

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
Don't do poison, unless you want a rotting carcass up there all summer. We had a couple of mice recently. I used the reusable traps, caught a couple. I've left the traps up there and keep changing cheese, but haven't had any since.

Go and have a look, you can usually find droppings
This. I also tied a string to the trap to keep it in place so the mouse didn't flop around and fall in the insulation or behind a wall.

occasionally very early in the morning I hear some scratching in the attic. I'm guessing a mouse or rat. I put a rat/mouse poison up in the attic today so not sure of results yet. Any other ideas? If I opt for an exterminator who do you recommend?
It might be better not put poison trap or something to kill those rodents, it would be a mess and smelly rotten carcass on your attic. I would like to recommend you to call and ask some help with the expert "The Exterminator Company" they are the best on those field. Helped me a lot of my pest problems too.

The same thing happened with me. And all the temporary solutions like setting trap and poising the food were in vein. We had to found a permanent solution, so, we hired the exterminator NJ mice pest control experts and got rid of the mice forever. It is the best and the only solution. I think you should also do it.