There is no doubt that Frisco is an extremely family-friendly place to live. Great schools, fun parks, and a host of sporting and leisure facilities. And, let’s not forget an overwhelming array of restaurants with variety that will satisfy any kind of meal or diet preference on any given night.
While life in this town is wonderful, sometimes the pace of school, work, and activities takes its toll and there’s that one occasion where dinner is just not prepared. Or, perhaps your family enjoys a night of eating out and taking a break from the kitchen. It’s nice to simply have an hour where the family can connect at the table and have someone else serve up the meal (and clear the dishes!).
We know you want a place where you’ll feel comfortable bringing children and family members of all ages, where the service is consistently good, the food is delicious, the ambience is right, and the staff are flexible and accommodating.
So, I surveyed local groups, families, neighbors, and friends to find out where they like to go with the whole crew. Here’s a list of some of the most popular family-friendly eateries around Frisco that will keep you going back time after time.
Great southern food accompanied by awesome sides all while seated in their open, barn-style restaurant in the heart of historic Frisco? You’re at Babes! Waitresses also sing songs while serving and encourage the kids to join in a rendition of the “Hokey Pokey.” The atmosphere is fun and relaxed for the whole family. Babes is also a perfect destination for out-of-town guests to experience a uniquely southern dining experience, but don’t forget… It’s BYOB!
Pizzeria Testa is popular for their pizza and excellent location in Frisco Square. Watch the kids run and play on the green while enjoying your Italian food on their patio. Each meal is created with the freshest of ingredients with their neapolitan-style pizzas cooked in an open wood burning kitchen. Calzone, salads, wines, and coffees plus a list of desserts round out the menu.
With a great back patio and classic games on every table (like UNO, connect four, operation and more), it’s hard to beat Stan’s for a little family fun. The have tbe best burgers, and live music 3-4 days a week. All that means something for the big kids and the little kids. We’ve seen a lot of youth sports teams have their post game meals and celebrations here too so keep Stan’s in mind for that too.
One friend recalls how this restaurant looked so lonely on Preston Road before the area was built up… it truly stood out as a ranch! Despite Frisco’s growth, it’s still a “go to” spot for families to enjoy good Tex-Mex food. Try their ever popular queso in a casual atmosphere with fun Texas-themed décor. Their fajitas stand out as patron favorite.
With many locations across Frisco, this family owned and operated restaurant, Palio’s, has become a popular choice. Pasta, gourmet pizzas and great salad and sandwich selection. BYOB, gluten free menu and spacious patios. Prides itself on efficient service, variety of fresh ingredients and a comfortable ambience.
Just over a year in Frisco, Rockfish has made a big impression on families for anytime meals. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, good variety of food, even if fish is not your thing and some great happy hour deals. Centrally located at Main & Tollway with a spacious patio. Great gluten free and “body & sole” (calorie & nutrition indication) menu’s. After all that, if you don’t have room for their dessert, I dare you to take home their bread pudding – amazing!
One of a kind ‘farm to table’ home cooked food with a modern twist, located in East Frisco. Barnlight Eatery is a hit with the whole family. Featuring a full bar and wine list. Popular for their fried green tomatoes and meatloaf. Yummy fresh sides and delicious handmade desserts produced daily. Great kid’s menu includes homemade cookies and milk.
Or, Choose Your Family-Friendly Restaurant ANY Day of the Week
Quite a few Frisco restaurants also offer free kids meals on designated days or throughout the week. Here are some we found so you can know where to go depending on what day it is.
- Great Wall Chinese: Kids 6 & under eat free Monday nights with adult meal.
- Cristina’s: Kids eat free Mondays, up to 3 kids per adult meal.
- Scotty P’s: Kids eat free Tuesday nights from 5pm-close
- Cristina’s: Kids eat free Tuesdays, up to 3 kids per adult meal
- Freebirds: at Preston & 121, kids eat free all day on Tuesdays
- Genghis Grill: Kids 11 & under eat free all day Tuesdays
- JD Burgers: Kids eat free on Tuesdays
- Texadelphia: Kids eat free with adult entrée purchase
- AppleBee’s: Kids eat free
- Plucker’s: Kids eat free
- IKEA: Kids eat free after 11am
- Manny’s: 99 cent kids meals on Monday evenings with adult purchase
- Matitto’s: Kids eat free on Wednesdays
- Pizza Inn Buffet: Kids eat free on Wednesdays
- Le Peep Grill: Kids eat free with adult entree purchase all day. They close at 2 pm
- Lost Canyon: Kids eat free
- Firehouse Subs: 99 cent kids meals all day on Wednesdays
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Kid’s meals $1.99
- Woody’s Sports Bar: Kids eat free Sunday through Thursday with purchase of adult entree
- Texas Land and Cattle: 12 – 4pm 2 free kid’s meal per adult meal
- Manny’s: $1.99 kids meals on Saturdays 9am – 4pm ages 12 and under
- Dickey’s BBQ: Kids eat free with an adult meal
- Steak & Shake: Kids 12 and younger eat free all day on Saturdays and Sundays. For every $8 on the ticket, a child can eat free.
So, get your grub on, Frisco! And, let us know where you and your family go for gatherings around town!